chapter 19

**Katherines pov**

How could somebody hurt her like that? She's so unconditionally kind and sweet. I don't understand how anybody could ever hurt her.

Maggie and Patrick walked in, Billie following behind them.

Billies eyes and body sunk when she saw me crying with Zoe beside me and a Finneas in front of me. It looked like her entire soul left her body.

"Hey, sweetie. I think we need to all talk about this." Maggie said, sitting down beside me.

"I didn't wanna make her upset I just-"

"You didn't make me upset, Kat. It was him. He isn't a good person and he's somebody I didn't really think would ever come back into my life." Billie said, interrupting my sentence.

Zoe explained how she told me about the situation briefly, so Billie and Maggie explained further.

Apparently he's a musician, who Billie dated for about a year. They were in love but it wasn't a good relationship. He hit her on multiple occasions, and forced her to do things she didn't want to. He cheated on her, and when she found out, she still stayed.

Eventually he left her for the girl he cheated with, leaving the internet confused, knowing they weren't posting together anymore.

Billie spoke about it on her story briefly, saying they were no longer together but it was because of work issues and that they still loved each other very much. He never talked about the situation and he went MIA for a few months, and hasn't come back yet.

She cupped my face, looking me in the eyes.

"He hurt me badly. And hearing his name really shocked me in the moment and I didn't know what to do. I shouldn't have taken that out on you. I'm sorry." she said, reassuringly and calmly.

We continued watching tv, trying to be as entergetic as we were the first time, but everything seemed forced.

I picked up my phone scrolling through instagram, and the first picture I see is a picture of me and Billie kissing on the beach, taken by paparazzi.

In the next slide of pictures, it's a picture of Billie and a guy, with the caption as "let's not forget who the better couple is😌 nobody can beat q."

I look in the comments, seeing the name Brandon everywhere. He was tagged, she was tagged.

So, this was the guy.

I decided not to show Billie yet since everything just happened. I knew she'd see it once she checked her phone next, but I don't think it'll be anytime soon considering he did text her.

We had a few more days here, and I didn't wanna ruin all of our days because of a small bad interaction. I hope it didn't ruin the trip.

Eventually everyone gets tired and goes to their own rooms, leaving just Billie and I in the room.

I scoot over to her side, cuddling her side and looking up at her. She looks down at me and smiles, our eyes meeting halfway.

"You're so beautiful." she said, still staring into my eyes. Her eyes were so mesmerizing, I could stare into them all day.

I sat up, but still leaning on her side. "Hey, I just wanna say i'm sorry about tonight. I didn't know any of that about him. And, I don't wanna ruin the trip." I said.

"It's really okay, I promise. He's just a dumb guy."

"But, I also wanted to show you something that everyone's been posting." I said, pulling up the pictures on my phone. First, showing her the picture of us on the beach. And second, the picture of her and Brandon, with the captions.

"It's so stupid. He wasn't even as good to me as the world saw. Yeah, he was good but not all the time and not even as close as he tried to portray it online." She said, starting to tear up.

"I think you should text him. I think if he's reaching out to you after this long, after not bring on good terms, it really is important." I recommended.

I wasn't sure if she'd listen or if she even agreed, but my questions were all answered when she grabbed her phone, sliding the message over to reply.

They'd been texting for a few minutes, before she showed me the messages.

"He's pissed about the pictures."

Girlfriend

Girlfriend. I could get used to that.

They continued to talk about the pictures being posted and he was being homophobic and honestly just gross.

"It doesn't make sense. I gave him my all, and he's given me nothing but hatred since everything happened." She started to cry, clinging onto my side and burying her head in my chest.

I stroked her back, reassuring her that it isn't anything she could fix. "He's just s terrible person, Bil. You didn't deserve any of this, and i guarantee it wasn't for a specific reason other than ignorance." I said, still comforting her in my arms.

She sat up, looking at me with her eyes still pushing out tears. I slowly wiped the dried tears and new ones falling down her cheek.

"What did I do to deserve you, Katherine?" She asked, trying not to cry again.

She dried her tears, hugging me one last time.

"I think I need to shower. I'm a mess." She said, laughing at her own appearance as she looked in the mirror.

"Don't use all the hot water, please. I need to shower too." I said, as which she replied with, "I think there's enough room in the shower for both of us."