chapter 40

Katherine's POV

She starts tour in two days?

We both look at each other with concern and confusion.

"Fuck. I forgot." Billie said, pressing her forehead onto to her hands.

"You forgot when tour was? So, you're telling me you haven't prepared for meet and greet outfits, stage outfits, song transitions, or anything at all?" Finneas yells.

Billie doesn't answer, so Finneas leaves, slamming the door behind him.

"I'm sorry I didn't tell you. I guess I was just living in the moment with you and I forgot I was about to tour the entire country." Billie said, apologetically.

"Baby. It's okay, I promise. I'm gonna miss you, so much. You just got home a few days ago. But, we got this. We're strong." I say, placing my head on her shoulder.

I was obviously so fucking sad she had to leave, but so proud of her for touring and being able to do these great things.

"I need to call Brandon." She said, referring to her manager.

She walks out of the room, dialing a number as she walks out.

I try not to eavesdrop, but when I hear my name, I move closer to the door so I can listen.

"I need her on this tour. I can't go another few months without seeing her." I hear her say. She sounds almost in tears.

She scoffs, and then I hear the front door slam.

Finneas walks out of his room in response to the sound, as I walk towards her bedroom door. We both look at each other, then to the living room.

I walk out, seeing her sitting on the porch. She doesn't look mad, but she looks like she's trying to convince him on something.

I see her hang up the phone, so I walk back to her room, plopping down on her bed.

"I could see you through the screen door, y'know. You didn't have to run back here." She said, throwing her phone on the bed as she walked in.

"Finneas!" She yelled, but Finneas was already standing at her door.

"Help me pick out outfits."

She didn't even mention anything about what she said to him on the phone...

"You too." She said, pointing at me.

We all sat around her closet as she held up thousand of different shirt and sweatpant combinations, switching between those and shorts.

That lasted for about two hours, just picking clothes for her meet and greets, not even her stage outfits.

She only worse shorts on stage, so she didn't even bother picking out combinations. She kind of just threw some shorts and shirts down into her outfit pile.

"I'm tired already." She said, joining us in sitting down on the floor.

She scooted over to me, kissing me slowly but forcefully. Which caused Finneas' face to turn to disgust.

"Okay, I'm leaving." He said, standing up to walk out of the door.

She laughs when he walks out, kissing me again.

She pulls away, looking me in my eyes.

"Guess who's going on tour with me?" Billie said, smiling as she ended the kiss.

"What? You're kidding." I say, jumping up to show my excitement.

"All fourteen shows baby. I haven't talked to him about the Europe and U.K shows yet, but you're going to all the U.S shows with me."

My face completely shifted with such shock and gratitude.

"Woah. You're going out of the country for tours too? I'm so fucking proud." I say, wrapping my arms around the back of her neck.

"You're gonna be there by my side the whole time, I promise. I will scream and cry at the top of my lungs until he says yes."

She smiled so big for the next few minutes. Her smile was so fucking cute.

Finneas walked back into the room, smiling as well.

"Sorry I was eavesdropping. But, fuck yeah! This tour would be boring without you Katherine."

Billie looks offended, placing her hand over her heart.

"Bitch, I would make it fun."

We all laugh together, as Finneas wraps his arms around both of us.

This is happiness. This is gonna be my family one day, I just know it. Finneas is gonna be my brother in law and I'll come to every family dinner. I cant wait for that moment.

But, Billie and I still aren't even official.

I forget about that sometimes.

~

We sit at the restaurant, waiting for the waiter to bring us our food as we talk about tour.

Maggie, Patrick, Finneas, Billie, and I were all having a cute dinner before the tour chaos comes.

Maggie and Patrick don't know about me coming along on tour yet, which is the main reason Billie arranged the dinner.

"Okay, so I have some exciting news." Billie says, looking at me and smiling.

"We know you're dating. You don't need to announce it." Maggie said, laughing.

"Hey hey, we technically aren't dating. So, no. But, it does have to do with Katherine."

Maggie and Patty exchange glimpses, as Finneas cheeses at his phone, not even paying attention to what's being said. Probably Claudia.

"Katherine's coming with us on tour."

Maggie's face lit up as she smiled immediately.

"Awh yay! I'm excited." Maggie said.

"I'm glad you're going, Katherine. You're always good company." Patty said, smiling at me.

We were all left smiling, which made me truly happy. I always feel so loved around them.

"This tour is gonna be so good, I can already tell. I'm gonna be surrounded by my people, during shows and not during shows. I'm so happy." Billie said, seriously.

I know she says she usually get sad whenever she has to leave home, but she seems so genuinely happy. I don't think she talks to many of her hometown friends. She hasn't talked to Zoe since the night that everything happened with me, and I haven't even heard about Drew in a while.

The waiter passed out our food as he asked us about refills.

"Wait, you're Billie Eilish!" He said, before refilling her drink.

"Yeah, I am bro." She said, giggling.

"I love your music, you're gonna go big. I'm going to your show in LA in November." He said, so calmly.

"That's dope, bro. Do you want a picture?" She said, standing up as reflex.

"No no, enjoy your dinner love. I don't wanna bother you and you're having a good time." He said, which made Billie pout her lip and smile.

"You're the sweetest dude. I love you." She said, hugging him.

I'll never get over how sweet she is to everyone. I've hardly ever seen her be mean to anybody at all.

"You've talked to your dad about tour, right?" Billie said, sitting back down.

Fuck.

I haven't.