The truth

(Cue song)

Third person POV

Lillie watched as they looked at her with shocked filled eyes, she could see the fear and disgust in their eyes. She felt tears in her eyes. She still couldn't catch her breath. She looked down, and felt the tears roll down her cheeks, first they leave her and now Derek hates her, thinking this was a trick, but it wasn't, he's changed her, she has feelings for her. And now he might just change his word, on his promise and she'll be alone all over again.

She felt a couple sobs come out of her mouth.

But then could feel the hands of her mate on her, but she backed away. She looked up at him. With now blood shot eyes. She shook her head. She held up a hand to stop him from coming any closer. "Don't, I don't want to scare you, with me what I am", she said as her voice cracked. She could see the gears in his head working. He didn't know what to think. His mate was some what a vampire. But all he wanted to do was hold her and tell her it was alright.

He hated to see her on the ground, her face covered in tears, and her looking scared that he would fear her. Her blood shot eyes Broke him. He fell to his knees, he knew she wouldn't let him touch her. So he just looked at his mate with hurt eyes.

"Why didn't you tell me?", he asked. His voice cracking.

She sniffled, and more tears rolled down her cheeks. "Because I knew this would happen, I knew you would be afraid to even touch me, I was afraid that you would be afraid of me, I never wanted you to be afraid of me, and now look what happened, your afraid of me, I may not be part of your perfect world Derek, I'm from a very sad and dark life, but I would never hurt you or your family", she said as her voice cracked. To her his life was perfect, her life was dark and screwed up. Everyone just ends up leaving her.

"Everyone just ends up leaving me", she whispered to herself. But she felt arms wrap around her. Her mates arms. She wanted to stay there forever. And not have to worry about a thing. She just wanted to cry, just have a good cry and not have anyone ask you what's wrong, her life's just so fucked up. And she wanted someone to hold her. She just wanted to be held without being looked as weak. Just for once, just for someone to comfort her and tell her it was going to be okay. She didn't have control on how she became to be, she was born like this. It wasn't her fault she was like this.

Derek rested his head on the top of his mates head. "No matter what, vampire or not, I'll never leave you, I promised you that, and I'm not going to back down on my word, I'm not afraid of you, just confused beautiful, i will never be afraid of you, I promise you that, I will never be scared of you, I'm scared to lose you, but I need to know, is this all real?", he asked her as he looked into her eyes.

She sniffled. "I've never heard of a vampire having that power, and I have many, but I don't have the power to make you feel this way towards me, to me, this is what makes me human, completely human, and I hope you feel that way too, because I am so scared of what will happen, I don't want to be left alone again, I don't, everyone hates me for what I am, my parents, my family, the ones that left me, they left me because they didn't care anymore, I wasn't special enough, not anymore, everyone just keeps leaving me, I call it fate, I'm meant to always be left behind, I'm nothing special Derek, I'm nothing, I'm nothing", she said as tears rolled down her cheeks. She couldn't control the sobs coming out of her lips. Derek rocked his tiny mate in his arms. Every word stung at his heart. He hated how his mate saw herself. When he saw a goddess. He pressed his lips to her white blonde haired head.

"You are not nothing, you are my everything, my world, my mate, and I will tell you that everyday until you believe that, and I'll never say anything less then that, because you are my everything, I will never leave you, don't you understand that Lillie, I will never leave you, I feel things that I never thought were possible, you make me feel like I'm human, and I'm scared too, I'm scared I won't be able to protect as good as I should, and I'm scared I'm going to lose you, but I will try my hardest to protect you with everything that I am, because you are worth every thing, you are special to me baby, I will never hate you, it's physically impossible, and damn whatever fate you call it, because I am right here, and I'm never leaving, no matter what people say, I will never think any less then I do now, and you are mine now and always will be forever, as long as you'll have me, I'll always be there for you my beautiful mate", he whispered to her.