Chapter 1: The Beginning

Hello, welcome to the first chapter of my new story 'The Polaroid's on the Wall' My other story Bitter-Sweet has recently ended and of course I wanted to continue writing Tyrus so here we are! But I will be posting more on my other story soon I promise. Anyways, enjoy this first chapter and thanks for reading!

DISCLAIMER: This story contains self-harm, drugs, excessive drinking, and sex references. At the time of writing this I am 14-16 so everything I write is kind of influenced by the experiences of other people I see around me as a teenager

Cyrus POV:

Today was like every other day. Just like I knew it would be. I woke up to my 7 o'clock alarm, showered, got dressed, ate breakfast and brushed my teeth. Just like I do every day. I said goodbye to my mother and step-dad and started on the 10 minute walk to school. The same route I always take. When I got to school, I met up with my best friends Buffy and Andi. Like I've been doing for years. I attended all my classes on time, without fail. Just as I always have. And everything felt the same. Just as I had expected it to be.

Because today was normal.

Well at least I thought it was.

Clutching my book bag, I made my way down the halls of Jefferson Middle school. I got a few friendly waves from acquaintances but other than that I was invisible to the other students, which I liked, it meant I could hide. The walls were lined with posters advertising various school events and clubs as well as the odd bit of graffiti the usual rebels had scribbled when Metcalf had his back turned. Which was rare, he has an abnormally accurate watchful eye which always seems to make me uneasy whenever I catch it. I turned the corner and entered the first room through the open door.

The aged, wooden tables were covered in randomly placed splats of paint and lines of oil pastels. Overall, the room was messy with various art supplies scattered about and stored in overflowing plastic boxes that sat on the shelves of the single metal cupboard. But what else can you expect from an art room? People had already taken their seats and arrived early to ensure that they had a seat beside their friends so there wasn't many left. I managed to get one at the back where hopefully nobody would want to converse with me. With nothing to do, I pulled out my homework I had yet to complete for my other classes and decided to get a head start since the teacher wouldn't be here for a while. My concentration managed to block out the chatter from my peers as I focused on the work. I had just finished when the teacher showed up and started the lesson whilst I snuck my finished homework into my bag.

'Good morning class!' Miss Pillar beamed as she dumped the box of woodwork onto her desk. Wiping her hands afterwards, she continued, hand on hips, 'Today you'll be starting an assignment which should take you the next 2 weeks to finish, it's going to be a big project so be sure to put it all your effort,'

That caused many of my classmates to whisper in amusement. They were shortly shut up by Miss Pillar as she added, 'It'll be in pairs but I expect the work to be equally shared,' She frantically searched her desk for the list of partners until she finally found it, reading out the list. I zoned out until I heard my name,

'Cyrus Goodman and TJ Kippen,'

My throat immediately turned dry. TJ Kippen? As in basketball captain TJ Kippen? TJ Kippen the most feared person at this school? TJ Kippen the bully? Of course I'd be the one to get him. I sighed, great. Everyone else went excitedly over to their partners as I stayed seated, not quite sure what to do. Before I could decide anything, I heard rather than saw someone take the seat next to me. Moving my head to the side slightly, I saw the TJ Kippen sitting next to me. I swallowed, he really was scary for just a middle schooler.