Chapter 12: Secrets

Strap yourself in lads

Cyrus POV:

After telling TJ what happened, I felt better. I felt so much better. I didn't realise how much how I've been treated and not telling anyone about it was weighing on me. But TJ, being the sweetest boyfriend ever, listened and only comforted me when I was finished. I hope he's always around, I really want him to stay.

'I ended up having a panic attack,' I mumbled, currently laying beside him but cuddling close into his blue pastel hoodie, matching with me.

His hand caressed my back as he pressed a kiss to my head, 'You're ok now, I'm here,'

'Mmm,' I sighed into him, feeling extremely tired, 'Can I borrow some sweatpants? I don't care if they're baggy, I forgot to bring things,'

TJ smirked, 'By accident?'

I smiled guiltily up at him, 'I wanted to wear your things ok,'

He kissed my forehead before getting up to get me some black sweatpants which I could already tell were too big for my tiny legs. I managed to pull myself up to get them on in the bathroom before coming back and getting back into bed.

'TJ?'

'Mmm?'

'...I like you a lot,'

He grinned, 'I like you a lot too Cyrus,'

That night I fell asleep with a smile on my face in TJ's arms, feeling happier than I think I ever have.

                                       ****

But the feeling had faded by the time I had gotten to school on Monday. I didn't realise how dependent I was on them until I stood in the canteen at lunch.

Alone.

I saw them sat in the corner, all laughing happily as if I never even existed. Well...Andi and Buffy at least, Jonah looked...I can't believe I'm about to say this...forlorn?

The sadness inside me deepened but I reminded myself. I don't need them.

Moving my eyes to the other tables, I debated on sitting with TJ and his friends but...I don't want him to be my only friend. Besides, his friends.....aren't exactly the type of people I want to surround myself with.

But who are?

Before I could really think about it? A hand stretched over my shoulder.

'You alright poppet?' The question was asked in a ridiculous British accent that brought a smile to my face as I turned.

'Walker!...why are you speaking in a British accent?' I couldn't help but laugh.

He shrugged, 'Just felt like it...you seemed a little lost so I wanted to make you smile,'

I smiled, pointing to my face, 'Well...it worked!'

Walker frowned, 'Why you stood here like your a new kid at the start of a trashy movie?'

I sighed, fiddling with my hands, 'I was looking for somewhere to sit,'

He beamed, clapping me on the back, the British accent returning, 'You don't need to look! Come on chap, right this way!'

And so, Walker walked me over to where Marty, Natalie and another girl I didn't recognise were sat. We took our seats and Walker pointed to me.

'Look who I found wondering about the joint,'