Chapter 18: Destruction

Sorry! I forgot I post on a Wednesday too now. So sorry, please enjoy the chapter a day late ❤️

TJ POV:

When the mail arrived on Saturday I stationed myself at the top of the stairs to watch the scene unfold. God I was so excited to see my dad fall to pieces over this. Just like he made this family fall to pieces.

Amber joined me, we sat on the top step pretending to just be having a regular conversation whilst my dad was watching the TV on his phone. Probably texting her whilst my mom's making his lunch. Fucking typical.

An enormous amount of happiness shot through me when the doorbell rang. I hit Amber playfully for her to pay attention. We peered down at my dad answering the door.

The post person gave him the big box that me, Reed and his dad had compressed Genevieve into. He thanked the person and closed the door to put it on the coffee table.

Returning from the kitchen with a knife, he drew it across the top, tearing the cello tape sealing it. Putting the weapon to one side, he pulled open the flaps and took out the message inside.

I bit my fist trying not to laugh.

Don't worry, he doesn't even know his own sons hand writing.

He read the note, his face falling as if someone had dropped dead in front of him. I guess they kinda had.

Dropping the note fast, he peered into the box and the look of horror on his face.

Was priceless.

I was silently chuckling so hard.

My dad picked up the remains of Genevieve, hopelessly searching for any sign it wasn't her before cradling the metal in his hands.

God she really was like a baby to him.

Were they tears?

Wow this was better than I thought

Proceeding to weep, he rocked Genevieve side to side gently.

He never even hugs me.

He's still hugging Genevieve when she's just a bit of scrap?

My mom brought his lunch to him, noticing what was happening. 'Ted! What's the matter darling?'

'Someone killed Genevieve,' he whispered, placing the remains into the box, 'She's gone,'

'I'm so sorry,' Mom went to rub his back but he instantly stood up to get away.

'Carol...did you do this?' He asked suspiciously.

Oh I didn't think he'd think that.

Mom held up her hands, 'why would I do that?'

Right, he just wanted to see if she knew about him and his whore. She obviously doesn't.

'I don't know. Someone in this house did!' Dad was getting paranoid.

'Are you suggesting it was the kids?' Our mom stood up to face him, 'Why would they do that?'

Of course he'd jump to conclusions.

'No one else knew where Genevieve was being kept,' Dad pointed out, 'unless someone blabbed. Sounds like something you would do,'

'Excuse me!' Mom ironically laughed, 'You brag about her every time we go anywhere!'

Very true.

'You're glad she's gone aren't you?' Dad crosses his arms angrily, 'You did do this to her, what do you know?'