Chapter 2: Some place special

Cyrus POV:

When we got to The Spoon, we sat down at one of the booths and I raised an eyebrow at him, 'So, how do you reckon our story should start?'

He smirked. He smirks a lot apparently, 'I think it should start with me buying us both milkshakes,'

I pointed at him, 'and baby taters,'

His eyes widened, 'I don't have that much money!'

Folding my arms, I turned away, 'Well then I guess our story ends here,'

TJ rolled his eyes, 'You want taters that badly?'

I nodded, grinning.

He pulled out his wallet from the pocket of his coat, fishing around in there, he mumbled, 'Just about enough,' he shook his head at me as he went up to the counter. Then it hit me and I processed what was happening. TJ Kippen is buying me milkshakes and baby taters, he's not making fun of me, he's being pretty nice actually. Maybe what I heard about him isn't true?

He came back shortly after, putting away his now empty wallet, 'Are you happy now?'

I nodded triumphantly, 'Very, baby taters and milkshakes are my fuel,'

Our food came over and I began to eat my taters, feeling no shame as I not so very careful started cramming them into my mouth. There was a flash as I looked up at TJ in surprise. He was holding a Polaroid camera, currently taking out the little photo and shaking it so it would develop.

'Hey!' I complained, frowning at him, 'Don't capture me at my lowest moment!'

Then he laughed, like, an actual genuine laugh. It sounded so perfect, I stared at him in shock as he shook uncontrollably. He wiped his eyes, 'Sorry, I just find that funny,' Sighing, he added, 'This is for our project,'

I looked at him confused, 'I'm not having that awful picture as the centre of our piece,'

He shook his head, 'No no, I'm telling our story,'

I tilted my head, not getting it.

'I'm going to take pictures of us going to places, hanging out and stuff like that. Our story. Make it into a collage or something,' he explained, the picture now fully developed. Taking a black pen from the pencil case in his school bag, he wrote at the bottom of the photo.

The beginning
6th May 2019

He clipped the lid back on and put the pen back in his bag, passing me the photo. I cringed as I saw myself eating as if I hadn't eaten in months. I made a noise causing TJ to laugh again, 'I might not use them all but...this one is definitely making it on there though,'

I stuck my tongue out at him as I continued to eat and drink my stuff as did TJ. I kept thinking about how different he seemed, at school he's a total jerk, a bully and everyone knows it. But right now...he was being really kind, he was funny and hasn't said anything offensive to me. It was really strange and it just made me curious. 'I have a question,'

He looked up at me, signifying it was ok to ask it.

I lowered my voice to a whisper, 'Is it true you and your friends got high?'

Almost choking on his milkshake, he started coughing which turned out to actually be laughter. I on the other hand was completely serious, 'That's not what happened!' He laughed, laying his hands on the table, 'Basically, my friend Reed brought it and convinced me and the guys to do it. It wasn't much so we all had a puff each but that's all,'