Chapter 31: 16

There will be no post next Sunday :( I'm very sorry but I do not have enough chapters so I plan to work hard at my writing whenever I can in order to post regularly again. Sorry if anyone is upset about this but enjoy this weeks chapter ❤️ TW: Self-harm

TJ POV:

My birthday is a Friday, thankfully, which meant it didn't fall on a day I'd have to go to the shitty criminal reformation camp whatever it is. But I'm still not thrilled it's two days after. Not that I intend on going.

But my dad does seem insistent on sending me.

Anyway, the only reason I felt even the tiniest of joy upon waking up on that Friday is because I knew Chris had planned a party. And I felt very much in the mood for that right now.

As suspected, my parents hadn't bothered to stay to wish me a happy birthday-or even make me breakfast-so Amber was the only one giving me gifts, serving me the worst, burnt batch of blueberry pancakes I've ever tasted and singing my praises. This included me receiving a voucher for the record store, a Pink Floyd Vinyl as well as a terrible rendition of Happy Birthday by my sister herself. Not bad so far.

I also had not intention of going to school that day, which seemed fair enough. It felt like I hardly went there now a-days but, then again, I don't really care.

After saying goodbye to Amber (once she's given up convincing me to come to school with her), I awaited the gift I was looking forward to the most today.

My beautiful boyfriend.

When the doorbell finally rang, I got to my feet and opened the door to see his smiley face grinning at me. The summer sun was hitting his face at an angle that brought out the golden flecks in his hazel eyes and highlighted the bronze hues in his curls that dusted his olive skin. He clutched a red paper bag in his hands.

'Hey, you,' Clem stepped forwards to kiss my nose, 'Happy Birthday,'

I chuckled, letting him in and closing the door, 'Thank you, I am officially legal,'

Rolling his eyes, Chris handed me the bag, 'Here, your first present of three,'

'Three?!' I raised my eyebrows, 'When am I getting the second and third?'

'When I'm ready!' He shook his head, 'Get through the first one first,'

Gladly, I looked inside the bag to see a papered box which I tore open carefully. When I opened up the black, leather case I saw a little rainbow pin inside that represented the gay pride flag.

Taking it out, I pinned it to myself, 'I love it, thank you Clem,'

That time, he kissed my cheek and wrapped his hands round my waist, 'You ready for your party?'

'When does it start?...and where is it?'

'6, at Less's house...his is the biggest,'

'How many people are coming?'

'Like.....half the year?'

My eyes widened, 'Really?'

'Yup, with booze and drugs supplied by-' Chris took out a little business card, 'Reed with the weed Queenan, your go to man for fun, booze and a fuck ton of drugs!'

I cringed, 'Reed is...something else,'

'I'll say,'

'What we doing until then?'

Chris went to the kitchen, leaning against the counter, 'we're having drinks at Reeds before we go to Lester's for the party which is being organised by Iris and Amber whilst we have drinks,'