Chapter 19: I'm Done

This lockdown is making me forget what day it is. I'm so sorry these are a day late! I was reminded by the same person again! Thank you 🙏🏻. I'll try not to do it again. Enjoy ❤️

Cyrus POV:

I waited outside the record shop for everyone to arrive and although I didn't have definite confirmation TJ was coming, I hoped he would for my sake.

Please say he decides to come.

Marty, Nat And Walker turned up first and greeted me, all clearly nervous.

I wish I knew what it was about.

Then maybe I'd understand.

Jonah arrived shortly later being overly happy as always.

'Is TJ coming?' Natalie asked hesitantly.

'Hopefully,' I replied anxiously, determined to prove TJ's innocence.

'There he is,' Marty pointed at TJ who has his hands in his pockets and head down coming towards us.

He kissed my cheek and turned to my friends, '...hi,'

They all exchanged hello's in a painfully awkward manor before I broke the tension, 'Let's go inside!'

The size of the store gave us the chance to split up a bit meaning no one needed to forcibly make conversation. I stuck my TJ's side to make sure that if any of my friends spoke to him then it would be ok.

I hope it will be.

First up to attempt it was Marty, 'What type of music are you into then, TJ?'

TJ smiled a little, 'Most if not all but my favourite genre would have to be pop-rock though I do dabble in indie-rock from time to time,'

'Sound like you know you're stuff then...wanna recommend me something? My dad has a record player we never use so it'd be nice to get it out again,' Marty asked nicely, thank god I can count on Marty to be positive.

'Sure, dude,' TJ's eyes flickered so fast I thought he was going to pass out. He somehow knew every single record in the entire lineup and pin pointed the one he was looking for, pulling it out he said, 'You ever listened to Queen?'

Marty took the album, 'As in...Queen Elizabeth the second?' (My Queen, all the Brits in the club raise ya tea cups woop woop!)

'Oh, buddy,' TJ seemed physically wounded, patting Marty on the back, 'You have so much to learn,'

Walker picked up a record, 'Where have I heard the name David Bowie before?'

'It's pronounced Beauee and probably from his song Let's dance because that's the one everyone plays at discos but personally I like star man better,' TJ answered.

I knew bringing him somewhere he felt comfortable would pay off.

'O my gosh!' Nat exclaimed, running over to another row, 'They have Taylor Swift's new album!'

TJ came over to look at it and shook his head, 'You don't want that one,'

Nat frowned, 'Why not? Because it's Taylor Swift?'

'I'm not dissing your music taste,' he raised his hands and pointed to a similar looking album on the other side of the room, 'I meant that I know there's a better version they sell for the same price as the crap one. They just hide it so they don't have to lower the price cuz it's bad quality. It's how they make more profit than they should,'

'Is that just for Taylor or for every record?' I widened my eyes.

'Most modern pop songs,' TJ shrugged.