Chapter 22: Gay nerds

TJ POV:

'Done!' Chris announced, ticking the final item off his list, 'Take that! Literally!'

I hated to lose, 'No! Go on then, point them all out,'

Chris pointed around the store at all the records we had to find leaving me in a sulk.

'Bet you cheated,'

'How?'

'I dunno, you broke in here last night to find them all,'

'Even though I just wrote the list with your suggestions literally 10 minutes ago? Ok, yup, totally legit,' Chris joked, amused at my dissatisfaction.

'Whatever ok, so what you gonna make me do?' I asked, shoving my napkin into my pocket. I only had two to go anyway...

'Mmm...I'll think on it,'

I rolled my eyes, 'Seriously, just to shove it in my face even more?'

Chris bopped my nose, 'No, because I can't think of anything,' running a hand through my hair he grinned, 'I told you your hair's better without product,'

I blushed a little, 'Thanks...just better though?'

He breathed out a laugh and began dancing around dramatically, 'Sorry of course, what I meant was your hair is as soft and light as a feather. It shines magnificently and blows in the wind like a movie scene. Anyone who happens to touch it will get the luck of a million unicorns which is that of drinking liquid luck in Harry Potter,'

'Bit overboard don't you think?' I said despite enjoying it.

Chris shrugged and gestured around him, 'Let me buy you something,'

'Chris...you don't have to to do that-'

'I want to! It's the least I can do,' He bit his lip.

Ughhhhh, stop!

Blushing again, I scratched my neck, 'Fine but I wanna get you one too,'

'No-'

'Yes,' I insisted.

We spent the new few minutes going round the store to get each other records.

Neither of us saw what the other had got as we carried them in paper bags to the car.

When we got in, Chris carefully took out our record which was in the player and put it in its case.

He was about to take out the record he got me when he poked my cheek, 'Close your eyes!'

'Right,' I did as he said and I heard him setting it up.

I kept them shut as the music played.

Play song

I listened for a moment and recognised it, 'This ones on the record I gave you as well isn't it?'

'Yeah, you don't have it already though right? It's their whole album,' Chris responded.

'No, I don't,' I assured him, leaning back into the cream coloured chair.

So won't you give yourself a try