Chapter 21: Picture of Perfection

Y'all I actually remembered by myself this time!!! Thank u for the thoughtful people who left comments reminding me anyways tho ❤️

TJ POV:

It was currently 7:00 am, I'd gotten dressed for "School" and was having breakfast as normal so I looked normal when mom and dad left for work.

As soon as they'd disappeared, I checked my phone.

Nothing.

Did I block him?

Did he change his mind?

Did-

'You coming?' Amber urged, getting her bag to leave.

'Can you keep a secret?'

'Of course,'

'I'm skipping,'

Amber crossed her arms, surprised, 'Why?'

'I'm spending today with a friend,'

'Have you told Cyrus?'

'No,'

'Don't you think he'd want to know,'

'Not really,'

'Why not?'

'He...broke up with me yesterday,' I informed her, flinching as the words brought back the painful memory that had been numbing me since it had happened.

'What!' Amber's eyes were close to falling out of their sockets they were so wide, 'Why the fuck would he do that?'

'Because he wanted to know about last year and I wouldn't tell him,'

'Why not?'

'I'm not proud of it!'

'You make it much bigger than it was,' Amber shook her head but hugged me, 'I'm so sorry,'

That's because you don't know the full story Amber.

'It's ok...I knew it wouldn't last.....I'm not good enough,'

Amber pushed my head, 'That's not true! And I reckon he'll come around,'

'You think?'

'Absolutely,' She scruffed my hair before going towards the door, 'I'll see you later, let me know if you need anything!'

'Ok, bye!'

And then I was alone.

Whilst I was finishing off my breakfast, I felt my phone buzz and almost dropped my spoon I was so desperate to answer.

Chris📸: Mornin Paparazzi :), if you're prepared to rebel against your goody 2 shoes ways and defy your average A grade then meet me at you know where in 20 minutes. Bring your record player 🎼

TJ💽: Damn, you're such a bad influence on me :( I'll be there with the player

That message made me feel like it was last year right now. Hanging out with Chris, texting him.

Him even calling me paparazzi again.

My heart in my throat, I packed my record player into my school bag and head out the door.

I knew where he wanted to go.

But whilst walking there I debated showing up at all.