Chapter 16: He's got a boy crush

I've written so many chapter I've decided to add Wednesday to the days I upload so this fan fiction will now be posted twice a week on a Wednesday and Sunday. I decided to write in Reed's POV to honour 'Red' the short film which came out a couple weeks back. Parker Queenan, the face of Reed, stars in it and it's really good so go watch it!

Reed POV:

My room smelled so badly of weed it was hard to believe there was any oxygen in here at all. My black walls were covered in band and drug posters with the only other things in here being a scruffy old dresser with clothes spilling out of the drawers and my double bed pressed against the back wall. I was currently sat on the plush grey carpet floor which was covered in dirty clothes that had been strewn across it.

My stereo, which was atop the dresser, was blasting pink floyd at a dangerously high volume whilst I puffed my cigarette. Currently in a state of thought, I continued to vaguely pay attention to the rock songs that vibrated through my body...or is that just the numb sensation of being high? I can't tell at this point. I watched the smoke blow out from my mouth as the numbing sensation took full effect.

Good. Now I feel good.

There was a knock at my door so I pulled out my cigarette, 'Come in,'

My dad opened it, peering inside, 'Hey buddy, you ok?'

'Yeah just smoking the thoughts away you know?' I put the cigarette back in my mouth.

My dad seemed concerned, 'How many have you had today,'

I shrugged, more than I should've.

'Reed, we've talked about this-'

'I know dad but today was a really hard day. Besides, you know I'm not addicted it's just for fun,' I explained, hoping he wouldn't take it away.

'Fine,' he gave in, 'But next time I'm taking it from you again ok?'

'Ok,'

There was a knock at the front door.

Fuck.

My dad went to leave, 'I'll get it-'

'No!' I whisper yelled, 'It's probably Lester and I don't want to talk to him,'

'Why not?' My dad was surprised, 'You two are best mates!'

'Dad...please don't ask questions. I don't know the answer to most of them myself so...just don't answer the door,' I begged.

He shook his head, 'I'm answering the damn door.'

'Ok ok!' I called him back desperately, 'But can you at least not bring me into it?'

My dad sighed, 'Fine! I won't tell him you're here,'

'Thank you,'

'Love you buddy,'

'Love you too dad,'

As soon as he left I sighed and reached for the alcohol beside me. I poured myself the whiskey and necked it, wincing at the taste but after a bit it took the painful confusion away from me.

God what is up with me.

I'm not usually like this.

Fuck you Lester.

Necking another shot, I thought back to the other night. How I kissed him, as a joke but...it's still a kiss. I don't usually care all that much but for some reason I do now. I've kissed him before when we were drunk as fuck I guess.....I've just never felt like that before.