Chapter 30: The Start of Something New

TW: Self-harm

Third Person POV:

Upon arriving home, the two had received very different responses from their parents.

When Chris returned home, his parents immediately wanted to heal the purple and red blotches wound on his cheek. They told him Metcalf had told them what happened and were very concerned for his mental health after being bullied for so long.

However, Chris' mentality meant that every hit TJ through at him made him stronger. He assured them he was completely fine before they were off his back and let him leave with an ice pack.

Once in his room, his emotions settled.

He felt horrible.

He knew he probably shouldn't have and that anyone else in his shoes would be angry at TJ for hurting him, taking digs at his sister (well, maybe he wasn't completely ok with that part) and bullying him. But Chris wasn't one to get mad or hold grudges. He always wanted to bring joy.

And he knew that punching someone and saying mean things in retaliation did not bring TJ joy.

Besides, call him crazy but he actually liked when TJ was being mean to him. It was funny to counter each other and Chris knew he was saving a lot of people's self-esteem by letting himself be a target. He'd kinda miss it.

They had even had a conversation that wasn't stuffed full of insults, it was nice. Chris hoped it cheered TJ up a bit.

Most people wouldn't dare speak to TJ, but Chris knew that the only reason TJ was bullying anyone was because he was very insecure. Part of him wanted to help him, in fact, all of him wanted to help him.

But would TJ want that help?

Chris thought he should at least offer.

Oppositely, TJ came home to quite a storm.

After being screamed at by his father in the words, 'How could you be so stupid?' 'What is wrong with you?' And, TJ's personal favourite, 'You aren't the son I raised!'

Little did his dad know he was the exact reason TJ acted out like this.

His mother at least tried to defend him but that was difficult when she knew TJ was completely in the wrong. Needless to say, Ted Kippen won the argument.

TJ stormed off to his room and trashed it, everything he owned was on the floor in a heap of mess. His anger seared through his veins and burned his skin like lava was being injected into his blood. Before he could stop himself he had leapt from his window and was running to the park.

Here he saw a the most perfect looking, clean brick wall. He debated on finding something to vandalise it with But his brain didn't let him as his fist met the rough wall several times.

TJ had defaced the wall with his own blood.

His fist cried the scarlet liquid between his knuckles and onto the floor as he repeatedly smashed his hand into the wall despite the pain he was in. It fizzed But to TJ...it felt kind of good.

He deserved it anyway.

TJ had been suspended from school for the following week and therefore had to preoccupy himself with other things.

He was sitting in the park with his headphones in, feelings very sorry for himself as he picked at the grass angrily, seriously considering punching a wall again when he felt someone sit beside him.

TJ looked up in surprise to see none other than Chris. Out of intrigue, he took out one of the earplugs.

'What you doing sat all alone?' Chris tilted his head to the side.