Chapter 8: Best Friend's Brother

Hey so I'm back! My holiday wasn't so bad but I'm glad I get to upload again. Enjoy this chapter ❤️

Cyrus POV:

I pointlessly stirred my milkshake whilst staring longingly out of the window to The Spoon. Rain was pattering down onto it whilst I heard the muffled drone of my friends' conversations. Ones I weren't even a part of. All I wanted was to just be with TJ right now, cuddled up on his sofa or something. Why would I choose to be here?

'Cyrus!' Buffy snapped her fingers in front of my face.

'Sorry,' I apologised, letting go of my straw and sitting up from my previous slouch, 'What were you saying?'

Andi clapped her hands together, 'I was thinking we should throw a party! The four of us! CeCe is going out and I just thought it would be awesome!'

'Hell yes!' Buffy agreed.

'I'm down!' Jonah also seemed excited.

Me on the other hand...I can't even stand in front of my class without having a panic attack, how am I suppose to survive a party? Sure, I've been before but even then I've not been very confident. I've come to the conclusion I don't like things like that and that's ok. 'I'm not so sure...I think I'll sit this one out,'

Andi frowned, 'Why?'

I closed off a little, I know what they'd say if I said about my anxiety..."it'll be fine" "just stop worrying" "stop being a baby" "just control it"
Instead, I opted for, 'I'm just tired and I have lots of homework to do,'

Buffy muttered loud enough for me to make out the word, 'Liar'

My face flushed a little, 'I-I'm not!'

Andi rolled her eyes, 'Cyrus, your so called "anxiety" will be fine, it's nothing!'

My heart felt like a ton of brick had been thrown onto it. Nothing? It's nothing? Are they serious? They have absolutely no idea what I'm having to go through basically everyday. Tears brimmed my eyes but I didn't let them fall, 'Yeah well...my mum wouldn't let me go anyway-'

'Just talk to her,' Andi sighed, shaking her head at me.

'Ok,' I mumbled, shortly going back to being invisible seconds later.

I noticed Jonah stayed silent during the whole thing, that's what he's normally like but if he does pitch in it's usually to help Andi and Buffy. Who would pick my side anyway? Their voices carried on without me as I just sat there miserable before deciding to pull out my phone and scroll through instapic, maybe I could dm TJ and apologise?

 Who would pick my side anyway? Their voices carried on without me as I just sat there miserable before deciding to pull out my phone and scroll through instapic, maybe I could dm TJ and apologise?

Liked by 1,303 and 5 others you know
@crafting_mack: Love you dad ❤️
tagged- @mr.bowiemack

View 2 comments