Chapter 32: Murder

Cyrus POV:

Coming home from the party that night felt excruciating painful. After all, that just meant I'd be curled up in my room unable to sleep after the unbelievable things TJ had said last night. It was too much to process and my brain sure wasn't being nice to me about it.

Unfortunately, after being dropped off by my group of friends, my parents were waiting for me in the living room. It was only eleven, but they were the type to stay up to make sure I got home. But I was too exhausted to talk to them right now and once they notice how bothered I am, they'll surely want to hear about it.

'Hey honey!' My mom waved from the couch, 'Did you have a nice time?'

Fiddling with my nails I nodded, 'Yeah, it was fine,'

Todd raised an eyebrow, 'Then why the frown?'

Sighing I rubbed my temple, 'I don't want to talk about it, I just really need to go to bed ok?'

'Are you sure?'

'Yes, please,'

My mom swallowed, agreeing to let me go, 'But tell us if it's serious,'

'I will,'

Thankfully, I'd managed to avoid a full on interrogation carried out by my parents. But not the interrogation of my mind.

I got changed into my classic Winnie the Pooh PJs and got into bed, shutting my eyes right trying to force myself to sleep. But that never works, even if I am exhausted. The problem was my brain was too busy replaying the events in my mind, I wasn't even sure what was real about it and what wasn't.

I just.....didn't know about TJ.

And was what he said true? He likes me and not Chris? Who, by the way, 100% heard him say that. What the hell! I just...hate feelings.

Why should I even care if TJ likes me anyway? The reason we broke up was because he didn't trust me, he didn't trust me enough to tell me about Chris or this. Not that I blame him for the second part, though he did just tell an entire room of people about it. That being said, he was under the influence.

I'd just accepted the fact we were over and he decides to say this to me?!

What about Chris? TJ doesn't seem the type to just drop someone, I would hope not anyway.

I'm probably just overthinking this whole thing, he was literally drunk so was probably just speaking garbage. I should just go to his house tomorrow and speak to him about it, then I'll know for sure instead of torturing myself like this.

But no matter what I told myself, my thoughts were running in circles.

****

After a night of constant tossing and turning, I woke up the next day with a dry throat that had been abused by beer the day before; hair that looked like an actual bush and blood shot eyes above deep purple bags. My head pounding, I ate breakfast swiftly before leaving so my parents didn't see how awful my appearance was and try to convince me to speak about my problems.

The plan was to go to TJ's house, ask him about what he said last night and then go from there...god what was I thinking.

Before I knew it I was knocking on the front door looking like a complete mess at 10 in the morning.

Surprisingly, it was opened pretty quickly by a woman who seemed to be in more of a state than me. All she had on was a pink dressing gown, the curlers in her hair all messy.