Chapter 7: Absence

As some of you know, I go on holiday a lot and by a lot I mean 4 times a year to the SAME place which I absolutely hate and this means i won't be able to take my phone with me due to my OCD. I would but it's honestly so painful. I promise to post a chapter when I get back (a week tomorrow) but for now, I leave you with this. Thank you for reading this ❤️

Cyrus POV:

When I woke up the next morning the first thing I noticed was the absence of one, the only trace left behind was the messy side of the double bed that I wasn't already occupying. Where did he go? That question was answered when the distinct smell of bacon came wafting up the stairs. It made me really hungry even though I knew I didn't even eat bacon. Does he know I don't eat bacon? Maybe instead of asking myself questions I should actually get off my ass and go see.

After a good few minutes of rolling about without the will to get up, I managed to drag myself onto my feet and walk down the stairs to the kitchen.

Rubbing my tired eyes, my bare feet hit the wooden floor of the modern kitchen I remember getting a coke from the first time I came here. Weird what can happen in 2 weeks huh? There, as I suspected, I found my new boyfriend laying strips of bacon on the George foreman. He laid the last one and picked up the coffee that was in a basketball mug, taking a sip and spinning around to see me stood there.

'Hey Cyrus,' he beamed, putting his mug down and getting two plates from the cupboard, 'Did you want any bacon?'

'Ummm, I can't eat bacon. Kosher,' I nodded.

TJ smacked his forehead, 'Shit, I'm sorry, I forgot. I have other things,' he frantically rushed about the kitchen telling me options in attempt to make up for his mistake, 'I have toast, cereal, egg, muffins-'

'TJ it's honestly not a big deal, I don't mind but a muffin would be great thanks,' I smiled, it's kind of sweet how he felt bad and was desperate to correct himself. Taking a seat at the dining table, TJ handed me a blueberry macadamia muffin before sitting beside me with his bacon.

'You looking forward to presenting our project tomorrow?' I asked, watching his reaction carefully.

His eyes flicked up, 'I'm nervous...but mainly just because of the reactions to those who didn't see my post, you know?'

'Yeah, I get that,'

'But I'm obviously really excited to show everyone how cool our idea is and how much effort we've put into it,' he added, chewing on bacon.

'Sorry hanging out with me is effort,' I joked.

He ruffled my hair, something he keeps doing and I love it, 'You know what I meant muffin,'

'Yeah I know...I'm glad we were paired together,' I smiled.

TJ grinned back, 'Me too, these 2 weeks were really fun,'

I had, of course, finished my muffin in no time so was free to take TJ's hand that was previously resting on his knee and lean my head on his shoulder. 'You promise we're still going to hang out?'

He leant his head on mine, 'Muffin, I told you we'd still hang out,'

I scrunched up my nose, 'Actually, I believe you said that we'd still be friends,'

TJ sighed, resting down his fork onto the side of his now empty plate, 'Ok, clarification then. When I said that, we were not together and I thought that as of last night that we are together...unless I dreamt that,'

I shook my head, my heart pleasantly thumping in my chest, 'We are,'

He nodded his head, 'There, there's nothing to worry about I'm not going to ditch you or something shitty like that, I really like you Cyrus,'