Chapter 15: Apologies

Cyrus POV:

Play song

Tuesday after school, I went to TJ's house instead of going out with my friends. I have to have a balance between TJ and them. Actually...speaking of which-

'Hey,' I murmured sleepily. We'd been cuddling for quite a while in silence listening to the record play.

'Hi,' he kissed my head.

'So...I was wondering if you wanted to meet my friends,' I smiled sweetly up at him in an attempt to bewitch his with my cute face.

TJ sat up, 'Yeah, I noticed you were sitting with
some of Amber's friends. Are they nice to you?'

I nodded, 'They're great, and-since I hung out with your friends-it's only fair you hang out with mine,'

He wasn't looking straight at me, 'I know but...they've already met me,'

'Yes but not both of us together,' I pointed out, taking his hand, 'I really want you to come,'

TJ didn't say anything, letting go of my hand and furthering our distance from each other, 'They don't like me,'

'How do you know that?' I asked, moving closer to him.

It was like he was retreating into his shell, 'I...wasn't very nice to them,'

That reminded me, 'Is that what happened last year?'

His head snapped up, 'W-What do you know?'

I lowered my brows, 'They wouldn't say anything about it, only that you weren't a nice person to be around last year...I kind of just assumed that was because you were still trying to be someone you're not.....but that's not just it, is it?'

TJ softened his expression and shook his head lightly, 'No,'

'Then...what happened? What did you do?'

TJ fidgeted with his sleeve, 'I don't want to talk about it,'

'I get that but...I don't want you and my friends not to like each other like Andi and Buffy didn't. Not that they're anything like them but...I just want you all to get along,' I pleaded.

He gazed at me for a bit, 'You really wanna know?'

I nodded.

Signing, he shook his head, 'Long story short, I was stupid. I did some things I'm not proud of, I don't want to go into it. Something that may have effected your friends accidentally causing them to have a bit of a grudge against me,'

I knew he wasn't telling me the whole story, but I wasn't going to make him. I know what that's like, 'I don't think they do,'

'Why else would they mention last year to you?'

'Actually when I first met them they said how happy they were that you were happy,'

'They...actually said that?'

'Yes!'

He picked at his black painted nails, 'I'll think about it.....and thanks for not making me explain it in full. I hate the person I was, it makes me uncomfortable to talk about it,'

'I understand,' I crawled back over to cuddle him, 'I really did enjoy hanging out with Reed last week,'

'Yeah?'

'Yeah! He's funny...if a little.....odd,' I giggled.

'I was actually quite surprised when you started drinking,' he raised an eyebrow, 'I thought you would stay well away from all that stuff,'