Chapter 23: No escape from reality

A very sad chapter for a very happy day...MY BIRTHDAY SHHSBSBS. I'm very much a birthday person but my gift to u is this chapter so I hope you enjoy whilst I celebrate my fifteenth with a slice of cake, dominos pizza and Ru Paul's Drag Race ❤️

TJ POV:

That weekend I had planned to hang out with Chris after a very long and boring week of school. But I was very much nervous.

You see, he invited me to his house.

And his house means his family.

And his family means Libby.

It's just...in order for me to come over Chris had to lie a lot, like a lot.

People just wouldn't understand at the time, it was the only way we could be around one another. But I won't lie and say it didn't cause me hardship.

I was just about to step foot out of the door when a voice called me.

'I don't think so!'

Rolling my eyes, I faced my dad, 'What's your deal?'

'My deal is that you're grounded,'

'Since when?'

'Since now!'

'What? I'm grounded because I know about your secret?'

My dad's face fell and he lowered his voice, 'and what secret do you think that is,'

'Genevieve,' I told him, 'Now let me leave,'

He pointed at me, 'You dare say anything to your mother-'

'Fuck off! I'm not doing anything for you. You better tell mom yourself or it'll come out one way or another,' I threatened before slamming the door in his face and walking to Chris' house.

God the actual nerve.

I actually fucking hate him, what kind of dad cares more about that then his kids?

Especially me.

Whatever.

The anger of the conversation with my dad disappeared and was replaced by fear looking at the red front door of Chris' home.

Libby's home.

Knocking on the door, I took a deep breath and prayed with everything I had that it wasn't Libby or their parents that answered the door.

A couple moments later, the door opened to reveal Chris smiling at me.

I let go of the breath, 'Hi,'

'Hey paparazzi, come on in,'

I entered the house and glanced around for any sightings of anyone else.

'You can stop being nervous, Libby is with her friends and my parents are working extra time today,' he assured me.

'Ok,' relief washed over me, 'do they know I'm coming over?'

Chris twizled on his toe, 'No...but if they happen to get home then like I said...I don't care. Do you?'

'No but I just feel like...they're gonna think I'm bullying you again,'

'I know...I'm sorry I've done this,'

'It's ok, really, I understand,'

There was a few seconds of awkward silence.

'Let's go upstairs,' he grabbed my wrist and lead me upstairs to his room. It looked like a bloody pop art museum with photographs lining his room on string going in every direction.