Chapter 29: They got C-C-Chemistry

Cyrus POV:

I'd been doing a bit better after a little time had passed since I broke up with TJ. I was adapting to a life without him slowly and had moved on from wallowing every evening in front of a trashy tv show stuffing my face with ice cream...not my highest moment.

But yes, I was doing well with my friends and although I did miss the affection, I missed it less and less everyday. I was going to be alright.

Until he decided to show up at my door, tell me he'd ran away with the most perfectly handsome boy and coincidentally had hickeys all over his neck at the same time.

Now I'm back to square one, wallowing and spacing out without even realising it.

'Cyrus!' Natalie tapped my shoulder, 'Are you ok?'

I sighed, rubbing my eyes, 'Just tired...I didn't get much sleep last night,'

Walker smiled, 'I saw this thing online that was this really cool post of a piece of art that is meant to relax your eyes and brain and make you sleep better if you look at it before bed. I can send it to you if you want?'

Shaking my head, I added, 'No, but thanks, I'm just stressed at the moment,'

'You wanna talk about it?' Kira offered.

I shrugged, 'It's really stupid,'

Jonah patted my back, 'Nothing you say could ever be stupid...no question is a stupid one,'

Although what he said was totally irrelevant and definitely stupid, somehow, it comforted me, 'TJ turned up at my house a couple days ago,'

'What happened?' Marty sat up straighter.

'He was apologising for something Reed and Lester did, which isn't important right now, and then he told me where he was the last few days,'

'Where?' Nat asked.

'On a roadtrip with Chris,' I said before I thought about what I was saying, 'He has hickeys on his neck too so I wouldn't be surprised if-'

Libby's eyes almost fell out of her head as she frantically signed something very rude that I'd rather not translate.

'Libby, I'm so sorry I didn't-' I tried to think of the right words to say, 'I mean, maybe they're dating, maybe there not but maybe I'm just being paranoid?'

But it was too late, she was already so mad I knew she was about to blow a fuse...or go ask her brother what he's been doing with TJ. Did I just out him?

She stormed off to do just that, leaving the five of us in Marty's bedroom.

Natalie was just as shocked as she turned to Walker, 'Do you think.....'

Walker's eyes widened more, 'That makes so much sense,'

'What's going on?' Marty and Jonah said in unison.

'Ohhhh I get it!' Marty suddenly said, 'You think that's what was happening last year when we thought TJ was-'

He noticed my expression.

'You mean he wasn't bullying Chris the whole time?' I was about to get angry if that was the truth.

'I'm pretty sure he was I mean...I was there!' Kira half laughed.

'No no, he definitely did,' Walker assured me, 'But maybe not as severely as we thought...it would explain why they were always together,'

Natalie stated, 'But it's just speculation, we shouldn't really be discussing it. It's nothing to do with us,'