Chapter 24: Guess who's back

Cyrus POV:

If I'm being honest, I wasn't doing too good. This whole TJ, Chris, Libby thing was clearly unhealthy and not my business anymore. I should be trying to move on from it all. Though that doesn't really explain why I'm still wallowing. Well, not currently. Right now I'm at Jonah's house eating pizza and watching him play Mario Kart.

I'm so glad I have Jonah through all this, my other friends too but...they won't tell me what's going on. Jonah doesn't know anything at all, not a rare occurrence. He's been trying to cheer me up all week, not that he's succeeding but at least he's trying.

I've been distant with the others...especially Libby who has finally started sitting at our table again after spending time with Andi and Buffy. I know Walker and Libby spend time with her sometimes because of art club and art in general-and Marty did that one time-But that was obviously just to spite me. It would help if I knew what happened between Chris and TJ, that would explain why she's so anti-TJ. Chris seemed happy with him though...almost more than happy.

I've tried to avoid instapic as much as I could recently, I couldn't bear it if a picture of TJ popped up. I didn't want to start spontaneously crying, especially not at Jonah's house.

'WHAT THE FFFFFFRICK!' Jonah almost swore, throwing the controller on the sofa, 'THAT MORON DIDNT EVEN HIT ME! HOW DID I LOSE MY FRICKIN COINS?!'

Chucking a little I shrugged, 'I didn't see,'

'I swear, I've lost every damn game,' he grumbled, switching off the console and getting another pepperoni pizza slice, 'Did you want a go?'

'I'm good thanks J,' I shook my head, 'You...know I can't eat this pizza,'

Jonah frowned, 'Why?...it's really good!-'

'No, I'm sure it is it's just...it's part of Jewish food laws that we don't eat meat with dairy. Also we don't eat pork,' I explained, it's not his fault. A lot of people forget.

With food in his mouth, Jonah apologised, 'I'm sorry! I wasn't thinking!'

I laughed, he thinks? 'It's fine, I should actually get going anyway. I'll just eat at home,'

'Ok, I'll remember next time!' Jonah enthused, devouring the whole pizza before my very eyes.

'I'll look forward to it,'

I left Jonah to hoover up the food, the smile on my face fading quickly as I attempted to walk home. I say attempted because when I reached the centre of town, I noticed someone I recognised sitting on the curb. Wow...how could I forget?

Mustering up all the socialising courage I had,which was near to zero, I went over to where she was sat by herself, clearly worrying about something.

'Hey, Kira,' I greeted her kindly, sitting beside her. Kind of like she did at the party for me.

'Oh, Hi Cyrus,' she changed her mood, flashing me a small smile.

I crossed my legs, 'Are you ok?'

She nodded, hugging her knees, 'Im fine...I'm just thinking,'

I frowned, 'This is where you come to think?'

'Yeah. I like watching the cars pass by; people hanging out enjoying each other's company. I like living through them,' Kira smiled again, she has a nice smile.

'I prefer the swings myself,' I mumbled so she didn't hear.

She pointed at two girls sat on a bench on the opposite side of the road, 'Like, that couple there, they went into Petredas'  (if you know you know) Ice cream parlour and came out with an expensive looking 3 scoop ice cream. They sat there, the smaller one pressing the ice cream on the other girl's nose so she could kiss it off, then she did it back. How cute is that?'