day two hundred and ninety

now playing:
who am i? - iris ft. ruri matsumura
the opening of the box

The plain old box erupted into a burst of light, engulfing the room in a bright sheet of white. The package's edges and corners were leaking light which poured out into the dark room. Then, the sudden chaos that erupted suddenly vanished, leaving the box unsealed and open. With a hitched breath stuck in his throat, Katsuki moved cautiously towards the box, shielding his eyes with a trembling hand. However upon further inspection of the contents of the box, he removed his hand from his face and reached inside the box and pulled out a worn out, familiar diary that belonged to the missing greenette.
     "Deku's diary? What the fuck? It's here?" Katsuki gawked, his mind unable to comprehend the sudden appearance of the missing diary that had vanished from his desk just a while ago. He promised himself that he would take care of it, yet it somehow disappeared and suddenly decides to re-introduce itself to an audience of three. The black leather-bound book was in the hands of the trembling blonde teen, who let out a shaky sigh before noticing a small gap inbetween a couple of pages later on in the diary. With a delicate hand, he opened the book and discovered a shiny disk addressed to the confused trio. All Might quickly grabbed Bakugou and led him to his office, taking the disk from his hands and inserting it into the disk player that he had in his office. Huku reappeared in All Might's office and sat down on the couch which faced the television that the Pro Hero had. On the big screen flashed vague, dark images of the young greenette. Then, it cut to a scene that Bakugou recognised. A dense forest, a big tree surrounded by flowers, a river, all caught by the eyes of a young Izuku Midoriya who looked ever-so-happily at a young Katsuki Bakugou. Katsuki held a net in one hand and used the other to grab Izuku's hand, leading him deeper into the forest.

"I-I'm scared, K-Kacchan." stuttered Izuku as he furiously wiped away any tears that fell from his emerald orbs. "W-What if we g-get lost? O-or worse?!"

"Of course we won't!" proclaimed Katsuki, turning his head to look at Izuku. "Because I am here! A-And I promise I'll protect you until you get your Quirk, and we'll be the best Hero duo in the whole world! Okay? I will never leave you behind Izuku!"

"P-promise, Kacchan?" whimpered Izuku, who pulled his hand away to wipe away his tears.

"I promise."

The scene then cut to one of a playground that Katsuki identified as the one nearby Izuku's flat.

"Look at this Quirkless little crap! Hah! Pathetic." Katsuki snarled, glaring at the young greenette that stood before him.

"Stop it Kacchan! Leave him alone!" yelled Izuku, raising his fists. He ignored his bloody nose and faced the bullies that tormented him, including his childhood friend that turned on him.

"Whatever, nerd. Just remember that this wont be the last time." Katsuki grinned menacingly, setting off a warning explosion in the palm of his hand. "Quirkless loser."

As the young blonde walked away and after the beaten boy thanked Izuku for his brave actions, the young greenette looked sadly off into the distance, wiping the dried blood from his nose.

"You promised that you'd protect me Kacchan," he mumbled, burying his face into his arms. "I thought we would be the best duo in Japan..."

"I guess I was wrong."

A dark image then cut off the scene. It was Izuku, smiling sadly at the camera. His hair was unruly and flashes of articles regarding Redemption appeared next to him. He looked at the camera, and with a shaky breath said:

"I don't even know who I am anymore, Katsuki." The name 'Katsuki' sounded foreign to the blonde. He was used to Izuki calling him Kacchan. It sent shivers up his spine. "So please tell me,"

"Who am I?"

And with that, the video ended. Not without a brief image of a knife being held at Izuku's throat.