CHAP 2: FOR NOT KNOWING WHO I WAS, THANK YOU

I just learned a big lesson yesterday, so today, I decided to not walk but drive. It's pretty late already, was around 10 o'clock. I unexpectedly drove pass the grocery store that I got into a fight yesterday. I didn't even why I did that. It's not like I had someone to see anyway.

Alright, it's not unexpected. I was lying. I was willing to do that because I was worried that man might come back and hurt her again. I'm just a good person who wants to help.

I didn't see her in there today. I even got off my car to go in, and pretended to be a costumer once again, to check other hidden spots in the store and see if she's working today, but what a shame, she wasn't. I don't know what happened to me but I started to get frustrated and disappointed. Honestly said, I didn't feel good after leaving that store knowing that I couldn't see her face today.

Because I knew her name and that's a rare name, I was confident that there wouldn't be more than one Skylar in the employee list, so I thought I didn't need her full name to ask. So I slowly approached the cashier table to ask her peer that if she was working to day and when I could see her again. However, when I was about to ask, she recognized me straight away, so I had to shut up, grab a random thing on the table to check out, and then take a selfie instead.

I should have left the house earlier. If I was earlier than this, I would have seen her in her uniform checking out for customers already. How stupid was I?

Because my mind was somewhere else while I was driving so I got lost. It's a strange street that I'd never been on. It's so fucking annoying when this happened. I exhaled strongly, tried to gather my shit together, gained back my motivation and I tried to make a U-turn.

As I was about to turn my car, I caught a small figure of someone who immediately got all of my attention.

Oh! I remembered that uniform.

It's her.

It must be her!

I didn't exactly know why but my lips spontaneously curved into a smile and my eyes brightened up. I licked my upper lip, turned off the light and drove slowly behind her. I of course kept a safe distance to not creep her out. I just wanted to make sure that she's home safe at this hour, that's all. I didn't have bad intentions obviously. Since she just helped me hide from the paps yesterday, I thought I should be thankful for her kindness and should do something.

She suddenly stopped which made me brake heavily after her. Luckily my speed was just 10km/h LOL.

I saw her backing off when she noticed something, which I didn't even know what in the world that made her stop.

I squinted my eyes to carefully find out what just stopped her. And I think I knew what it was.

There was a group of people standing in front of someone's house, and I bet all my fortune that it's her house. I saw they're smoking, I even recognized that dickhead who hurt Skylar standing among that group of strangers, and he was laughing about something.

What did I say yesterday that this stupid ass bitch didn't understand? Why was he still bothering her? What in the world was their relationship?

I didn't know anything, and I didn't necessarily need to know them right now. All I had to acknowledge at that moment was that she was clearly shaking and not knowing what to do.

I grabbed my jacket and got off my car. I shut the door and crossed the road to approach her.

- Let's go. – I said, put my jacket over her shoulders to keep her warm, then grabbed her hand and pulled her with me.