EPILOGUE 5: THERE IS NO WINNER, JUST THE PEOPLE WHO STRIVE FOR THE BETTER

-          Thanks babe.

I received a cup of morning coffee from Skylar and smiled to my beautiful wife, then pulled her to sit down next to me.

-          Babe, remember when I asked you whether you gave my number to Dylan before our breakup?

-          Our break! – I gave her a sting eye and sipped on my coffee.

-          Ok. Sorry. My bad. Our break. – she let out a little laugh.

-          Yes. – I nodded, put the cup down on the table and leaned my head against her shoulder.

-          He hit on me.

I sprung myself up to look straight at her with my eyes nearly popped out.

-          WHAT?! Why didn't you tell me?! – I slapped the sofa so unexpectedly that even myself got startled.

-          Because I knew you would react this way, and I knew how sensitive you are about things like this. You would overthink yourself to death so I better not tell you. – Sky explained, then put her coffee down as well so we could talk properly.

-          What did he say?

I bet all my fortune that he said nasty shit about me to make Sky hate me and never come back to me to create bigger chance for himself. He's the worst of all the douchebags in this entire world.

-          He said he'd like to offer me dinner.

-          You didn't go, did you? – my nervousness clearly shown in my tone.

Although she's my wife now, but I still be jealous over things that happened ages ago.

Yes, I'm that kind of person, so deal with it.

-          Well, I love Megan Rapinoe so. – she shrugged like it wasn't a big deal, even though it was a huge ass matter to me.

-          Thank you, baby. – I rubbed my chest in relief and picked up my coffee for another sip.

-          I met Dylan when I ran away from you. – she said all of a sudden.

The coffee went through the wrong way and ended up in my lungs, I think. That's probably the reason why I choked so bad. I thought I coughed out blood.

-          Again?! You didn't even tell me and it's been a year already, Skylar. – I said while coughing my face off.

-          Cos it's unnecessary. – she said, rubbed my back to help me feel better with the excessive coughing.

-          Well, it is for me, baby. – I said.

-          I'm sorry, baby. – she lowered her head and all of a sudden I considered myself as the one that did something wrong here.

I don't know. It's just naturally if she's making the sad face, it's automatically my fault. I'm just a sucker for her and I love every second of it.

-          How did you meet him? – I asked.

Hopefully I could direct her into a brighter side of the story, because I didn't blame her so I raised my voice at her, it was just the way I talked.

-          His dog was sick. We met at the VET.

-          And he didn't even tell me where you were. What an ass. – I was obviously pissed.

The whole world knew I lived like a dying person because of Skylar and how I stopped everything in my life to look for her everywhere, and he didn't even tell me when he met her?! I agree that we didn't like each other that much and he's not supposed to tell me because we strongly dislike one another, however as a decent human, he should have because I was a special consideration. I was fucking dying. I even dug my own grave already and just waited for my death day.