CHAP 16: HOME OF MINE

I pulled Sky's luggage out of the VET clinic that she was working as a receptionist after she decided to have a break with me.

- Let me help you.

Skylar insisted, pulled one of my arms to make me release one of her two luggage. She didn't bring anything with her and she still ended up with two full and heavy cases. I didn't understand how.

- I got it, baby.

I walked faster so she would be tired and gave up on wanting to help me.

- But you didn't bring anything with you, how would our things be this much?

- Ah.

Sky smiled, which I found suspicious. I didn't like that smile too much. It annoyed me in some ways to be honest.

- The boss of this place introduced me a fashion shop that owned by his sister. Because they're family so I got large discount.

I walked slower, looked back at her intensely. Her boss was very suspicious. I didn't like him.

- They are family, but you're not. – I marked a clear line.

- Well, I think I am his staff so he was just trying to be nice to me.

- How nicer can he be, I'm wondering? – I asked mockingly, was pissed as hell.

- Well, after he hired me, he even offered me a place to live and to shop, he is really really nice in my opnion.

I looked at my woman and did not know whether she pretended to be dumb or she really was a dummy.

- Babe, no one is nice to you for free. How long have you been living on this Earth?

This innocent mind of hers. I had no words for it.

- Well, you were nice and are still nice to me for free, so.

- First of all. I was nice and am nice to you because I liked you and love you respectively.

Skylar was kind of stunned for a few seconds, then said:

- Are you saying Dr. Dorman likes me?

I shrugged.

Well, wasn't that so fucking obvious already?

Skylar laughed like I was the dumb one here and refused to believe it:

- No way. – she shook her head and brushed her hand aside.

- How can you be so sure? – I raised one of my brows and also the tone of my voice.

- Because I did tell him that I just broke up with the person I love the most in this entire world, and I think I will never be able to love anyone ever again.

- Aw, baby.

I grinned like an idiot. Kick those stupid suitcases off aside and jumped in for a hug with my babe.

She hugged me back with her wonderful laugh next to my ear, then said:

- Wasn't talking about you.

My smile was put out immediately, I gently pulled back, left her there, and turned my feet to continue pushing her luggage.

So she was talking about her asshole ex-husband? But they weren't in the stage of "just broke up" though. It was a few years ago already.

She then ran up in front of me to block my way, then bent over to lower herself and lifted her head up to look at my miserable face with a satisfied smile.