CHAP 10: SHE IS A HEARTACHE

Skylar approached me with two cups of drink in her hands.

- Is that coffee? – I excitingly asked her, my bum couldn't be still on the chair.

Sky shook her head disappointingly.

- Are you insane? Who drinks coffee before bed?

I lost interest immediately, my eyelids half collapsed.

- Then what is that?

- Hot cocoa! – she said with her high voice and a smile across her face.

Our lay back chairs were put next to each other, there were nothing between us, not even a narrow space. It's just the same as the distance between our hearts: 0cm.

I looked up at the back sky full of stars while laying next to my Blue Sky full of light. I then looked down to our intertwined hands and still could not be convince that this girl was mine, and entirely mine.

I tightened my grips on her hand, took a sip of cocoa and smiled to the God that brought her to me. I'm thankful, wherever you are looking down on us up there, thank you for choosing me in billions of humans out there. Thank you.

- Your hand is always warm, I wonder why.

I turned over to look at her and realized that she wasn't staring at me but stuck her eyes in that mysterious sky above us.

- It's always like that. I don't know why.

I rubbed my thumb on the back of her hand and wondered a similar thing: Why are her hands always icy cold?

They had always been so cold. Whenever the heater in the house went off, her hands would get cold all over again.

Every night when we went to bed, I never forgot to place her hands on my tummy to warm them up. She's always cold, it broke my heart.

Every time when we went out and the weather didn't treat Skylar so kind, I would always hold one of her hands and put it in my jacket pocket.

I just wanted to keep her warm this whole life; I just wanted to be her scarf and shield her through winters.

Skylar pulled our intertwined hands up and rubbed the back of my hand gently against her face. My baby closed her eyes slowly and warmheartedly smiled.

Heard a chuckle come out of her cute mouth, I slowly turned my head over to take a glimpse at my beautiful girlfriend.

- What's so funny, Skylar Blue?

- When I think about it carefully, I finally figure out why my hands are always cold.

I genuinely smiled, used the other hand to tuck her hair behind her ear and waited for her reason.

- Because there were you and your warm hands.

I also finally figured out why no one could have control over me. I finally knew why I had always been tirelessly wild and free. I finally understood why nobody was allowed to intervene my life and my decisions. I finally found out why I had always done everything my own way inconvincibly and stubbornly. Because this horse was lost from her owner who is known as the only person that she would listen to. She was lost and was found by the same person, that's why she felt like herself had become alive again after the owner found her.

Before I met Skylar, there wasn't a fear bone in my body, there wasn't a weakness that someone would catch to threaten me, and there wasn't anything in the world that could hold my wildness back. But after Skylar, she'd filled up every single blank space in my life that I used to think it would leave them empty like that forever.