CHAP 6: RAPINOE'S PROTECTOR

Those next days, our team still continued on our celebration and I gotta admit that I didn't have any sober moments. I was either drunk or tipsy. The amount of liquor our team had consumed could probably drown the whole United States of America. If there were some speeches that I made out there and sounded somewhat pitchy and a little bit cringy to you, then I'm sorry, my bad, I was a bit tipsy.

My attitude could be a little bit overconfident and talk a little bit more than I usually do, because of the endless amount of alcohol intake, however I meant every single word of all my speeches, not even one word that the alcohol talked. I, Megan Rapinoe talked all of that, and it's just my attitude in those days that was a little hyped and crazed.

I love the tipsy me though, but Skylar Blue did not so much. She wasn't happy about it. First of all, for my health, and second of all, I'm super talkative when I have alcohol in me.

She said when I'm drunk, I talked too much, and it made both of us exhausted in the next morning, because I would wake her up at the middle of the night just to tell her how proud I was at each individual in our group. I listed every strength and weakness of each of the team members that made them so perfect for this team. I showed off to her how we would still win if I didn't have that penalty kick, because Rose was a goddamn grass field Queen. Therefore, ever since us finished the parade and me cussed on national TV after giving a supposed to be inspiring speech on that stage afterward, Skylar decided that she had had enough of the tipsy me and hadn't allowed even one drop of alcohol to be on the tip of my tongue.

Not done yet. She even said scary shit like I would kill myself by the amount of liquor I drank due to alcohol poisoning, if I didn't listen to her and stop drinking instantly. I certainly made excuses. I told her that it would let the whole team down if I wouldn't be able to join them, and she was like having her high pitch voice and hands on her waist, looking up at me and said with the power of the fucking Wonder Woman: "So I've talked to Ali and Ashlyn will not be drinking, I've talked to Tobin, she said her stomach started to ache so she won't drink either, I've talked to Allie..." And I had to stop her right there before she listed the whole list of our 23-warrior-team, which would have taken us until dawn if I let her finish.

And that was it, that's the reason why I stopped using alcohol to celebrate. Thanks for coming to my TED Talk (ft. Skylar Blue).

In conclusion, Skylar Blue is a freaking Satan that came into my life to make me crazy about her. Gosh I was so attracted to that woman, everything she did was marvellous to me. Please don't see her as a control freak, she didn't control me, she just wanted me to be healthy as I am supposed to be anyway. Well, exchanged to not be allowed to touch alcohol, guess who had a whole ass chef at home? Guess who had home-cooked meals every single day with enough nutrition and calories but absolutely tasty? ME!

Skylar's cooking skill is bestest of bests. She is a beast in everything she does. And more importantly I didn't have to eat alone anymore. I would be her Sous Chef everyday and we would prepare meals together if I had time to help her, otherwise she's pretty good on her own as well.

And she was even there with me at every morning work-out. She didn't do much, she did run on the treadmills a little bit and by a little bit I mean 5 minutes, but other than that she was great. She was mainly there to be a cute clown to force a laugh out of me, and to cheer me up. Sometimes the way she told things was so funny that I died laughing on the gym floor. Seeing me laughing so much that I couldn't breathe and even contracted my abs so many times, she said: "Quit working out, Meg. I will make you laugh every day so you can contract your belly more to remain the abs. You only need abs, right?" And I was like: "Uh, no baby, abs cant help me win the World Cup."

There were small conversations between us and they never stopped coming. I just talked all the time that I even forgot how long I'd spent exercising. Usually I watched news or listened to podcasts during my workout to keep myself educated on what's going on in the world, but thanks to Ms Skylar Blue, I had not got myself any education since the day she started to live with me.