CHAP 8: LOVE ME, HEAL ME

We arrived at our fifth practice lesson after the World Cup. By we, I mean Skylar and I. We're practically inseparable now and it's so cute.

I told her that she didn't need to come with me if she didn't like it at all. She then told me hell no she's gonna let me go to practice alone and sit her ass at home worrying about I would get injured and she might end up being the last person to know about it.

How sweet does this sound? Man, I got diabetes just witnessing this girl worrying about me.

I think she gradually was falling for it and just didn't wanna admit. I mean she was always the loudest cheerer on the field and she's super competitive, she wanted my team to win every time. And the fangirling level of Skylar for Rapinoe15 would never be surpassed, she was all crazy about everything I did on the field. There was one time I missed a goal which I was so close to the box and that was just one of my stupid mistakes, but she hyped me up with her cheering, kept shouting out "It's ok, baby. That was marvellous!!" and also clapped until her hands turned red.

She didn't like soccer, and we all know that; however, you can never imagine how hard she tried to learn about it. Because she said that if it's what I love, then she'll be loving on it too, and that she thought it's very unfair for me when I loved everything about her and she didn't. She is a fast learner fortunately. She learned by asking me questions, learned by talking with my teammate to expand her knowledge. She tried really hard to catch up every time we had meetings about the game and how to play it and position of each member.

She was trying really hard to know more about the thing I love the most, so I was just so touched and teared up every time I remembered about it.

I recorded every of my games and had a very special shelf to hold all of them. I just wanted to have something to cherish and proud in my late adulthood. And Skylar googled every single match that the team I was on won to watch them, just because she couldn't stand the thought of me losing. She said that she would smash the TV if my team lost because she hated to see my disappointed face. Anyway, it's not the point I'm trying to make here. The point is there was one time I fell and an opponent fell on top of me, her entire body was literally ON me. With the help of gravity, her bottom dropped so hard on my stomach that it helped bounce her off of me. Imagine how terrible that fall must be. Skylar was so furious about that; right afterward, she took her phone out to google that girl's home address so she could come and straggle her down.

She's just too much.

There are more! Remember when we had a match with France in quarter-final and I got knocked off in the legs several of times continuously? Skylar cried while watching the game. My poor baby was so heartbroken for me. Those IT people kept repeating the scenes where I fell, hugged my leg and groaned in pain, and even did them in slow motion, so Sky didn't take them too well. She hated every second of it, except when I scored. I had to quickly turn the TV off since she cried so miserably, and I couldn't do anything about it but laughed. Her heart was so fragile, I couldn't handle it.

Skylar is really sweet. Like really really really super sweet. Even sweeter than honey.

Sky was very supportive, however, she really had a problem with me on the field. There were some sort of fears growing inside her every time I played. There was one time someone's nail accidentally scratched on my face during practice when we both were heading for the ball, Skylar nearly had a heart attack. She's very scared about it, and we are safe to say that her fear was significant enough to create a new phobia. But never once Sky suggested me to quit my job, and I appreciated it so much, cos honestly if I ever had to chose between Skylar Blue and soccer, I wouldn't be able to do it, I'd rather kill myself.