EPILOGUE 6: "BRUSHING THE DUST OFF MY PRIDE."

It was a Saturday, and I just came home from a meeting with the re-inc gang. Skylar doesn't work on weekends, but I do. I knowwwww. How hard-working I am even though I've already a freakin co-founder of the company already? But I was so glad that she's home because going home to her is and will forever be the most exciting thing I am lucky enough to have the opportunity to wait for it to come every single day for the rest of my life.

You might not believe this but every time I had to go out and knew that she happened to be home with me on that day, I would drag her with me because I became missing her really quick and pretty much all the time. However, there are places that she can't go with me, or when she's not in the mood of leaving the house, I would always try to do things as fast as I possibly could, and of course productively and effectively, so I could rush home with her. I'm that kind of freak that is obsessed with their wife. I don't know why, don't know how, that trait was just rising inside me day by day and seeming to not stop growing anytime soon.

I walked inside with the image of Skylar Blue sitting on the ground and polishing all of my awards and trophies. She probably removed them off the shelf again, cos that's just her thing and she does it every week like it's a tradition.

- Skylar Blue Rapinoe. Again? My Gawd!!

I couldn't do anything but laughed while approaching her. I was so fucking desperate for squeezing of her in my arms and kissing her ten thousand time until I felt like I had stopped missing her.

- Well, you know, it's the time of the week. Time of brushing the dust off my pride.

I laughed at how my wife shrugged while holding the Best FIFA Player 2019 trophy very carefully in her hand.

I knelt down in front of her, made her put the trophy down and leaned in to give her the tightest hug in the world.

- I missed you so much, honey. – I said, buried my nose into her neck to snivel for her comfort because I just knew how much she loves me, and she would treat me like I was the most precious thing that ever existed, if I showed her my vulnerability because of missing her.

Instead of that, she bursted out laughing at me and slapped my back several of times, however hugged me back as tightly as I was holding her.

- You left at 8, it's only 11:25 in the morning, don't be so extra, Megan Rapinoe.

- It's true, baby. I really missed you. – I kissed her neck and whining into her ear.

- I had some stuff to do around the house. I work on all weekdays and you also take accountability for so many jobs. Sometimes you don't even get the time off on weekends, so I just can't let you live in a messy house like that. And also, I'm the one who has more days off, so of course I gotta clean up a bit, gotta offer you the fresh air to breathe when you get home from work instead of giving you asthma, am I right? – she explained clearly which just showed how fucking thoughtful and amazing she is and it made me wanna weep like a baby right on the ground.

I am one lucky mofo. 

I chuckled at the asthma part though.

- I promise, next time I'll go with you everywhere if I have free time. – she sweetly rubbed my back up and down.

She's always like that. The gentle and mature one in our household. I don't know how she can hold up with my difficult ass but she does and it's unbelievable to have her in my life. She's such a rock and has never changed no matter how long we're together. I would be a useless lesbian if she wasn't by my side throughout it all.

- You don't have to treat all my awards so nicely. They don't define me after all. Some people even say I don't deserve them.

I smiled remembering how people used to criticize me for being good at something on all the accessible platforms of the internet, and also in real life.