CHAP 9: SHE IS A KEEPER. PERIOD!

Skylar was tying her shoes at the door while I was gathering all the food that she prepared for everyone as lunch.

- Remember what Carli told us yesterday, babe? – she asked from the door.

I zipped up those bags of food and lifted my face up to look over to her.

- Monica is going to be there too, so I better be emotionally prepared.

She tilted her cute little head to one side, smiled at me, and proudly nodded.

- You can do it, babe. You're Megan Rapinoe after all.

She winked at me and clicked her tongue at the same time to hype me up.

I winked back at my sweet baby girl with a big smile.

Yes, I was nervous. Yes, I was anxious. But, I knew deep down inside that I was going to be alright because Skylar would always be there to hold me up no matter what.

- Come on.

Skylar gave her hand out to ask for mine.

Just like a little child who wants to go to the supermarket with her Mom, I quickly ran over towards her with a few bags in my other hand.

When her hand was finally in mine, we intertwined our fingers and stepped out of the house. Today outfits were just like other practice days, "Rapinoe 15" and "Weirdo Blue 00" jerseys are mood.

- You shouldn't have cooked for them too, you know?

I pouted, backed the car out of our garage.

She squinted at me and gave me that "be nice" smile.

- Don't be selfish, Rapinoe. They are your second family.

I stuck my tongue out and mumbled:

- Whatever, boss.

I became so ridiculously selfish when it comes to Sky. I don't know why. I have never been acting this way ever in my life with other people, not even Monica, although I always considered her as one person that I loved the most in my life. I became very conscious, sensitive, protective and always had that bodyguard mood switched on whenever Sky and I were out together. I don't wanna share her with anyone, I don't wanna share her food with anyone. I became so selfish that it surprised me. However, do not worry about me turning this relationship into a toxic, sick, psycho kind, because it's definitely not that. I think I just love her so much, so it makes me notice things that I haven't noticed before.

- Babe, did you give Dylan my number?

She suddenly asked and I stepped on the brake heavily which made our heads almost hit the windshield.

- Oh my God, Megan!

Skylar massaged her neck and scolded at me.

- What did you say?! – I couldn't believe my own ears.

- So you didn't give him my number? – she asked.

- What am I? Am I crazy? What if he steals you from me too? I cant lose you. What would I do if you abandon me too? Hell no!

I panicked so I just said everything on my mind to her. Every of my feelings when I saw her talk to Dylan, I told her everything after one panic.

It was too late, I didn't cover my mouth soon enough and she heard everything.

Instead of getting worked up because I dared to think of her in that way, she laughed at my exposed ass instead.

I instantly closed my eyes and apologized to her with every word that my mind could think of at that moment.