008. is he cute?

THE NEXT DAY on that Saturday morning, Logan walked to Max's and waited outside, smoking a cigarette. Max said ten o'clock on the dot and it was 9:59 in the morning. "Hey!" He looked over and saw the girl stepping out, her skateboard in hand. He waves, "hi." He says, throwing the cigarette onto the ground quickly before she could see.

"What's up?" She said as she sets her skateboard down and he sighs. "Could be better..." He mumbles and she nods, glancing away. "I told Mike, Dustin and Lucas over our radios what happened, Mike was pissed about it but ultimately ended up okay with you coming over." She says and he's kind of surprised but nodded his head anyway.

"Hey, so are El and Will visiting for Thanksgiving or...?" He trailed off and Max looks at him. "Oh! Right, no, I think Mike is leaving? But not until after Thanksgiving Day, on the 29th and he'll be coming back on first of December." She says and Logan just nodded his head, understandingly.

That meant four weeks starting today before Mike left, "but even then, uh, El and Will are coming for, um, New Years..." Max said with a smile on her face and Logan merely nodded his head. "Nice... So they'll be celebrating with you guys?" He asked and Max nodded her head right away.

"You can celebrate with us!"

"We'll see..."

At Mike's place, Logan sat down onto the same spot on the couch he sat that night Mike kicked him out. "Where's the, uh, man of the hour?" He asked as he pops a candy into his mouth. "Mike is—" "I was talking about Dustin, Lucas." Logan cuts him off and Mike came walking down the stairs. "Hey..." He said and ended up sitting far from them, particularly in the fort, underneath the blanket.

"Mike? What's up?" Max asks and Mike just crossed his arms, laying down in the fort. "Nothing..." He mutters. "Is it about El again, Mike?" Lucas asked and the boy sat up straight away, sort of smacking his head on the fort. "Yes!" He says, rubbing his forehead and groaned as he got out of the fort, standing up and walking over to them.

"What happened?" Lucas sighed and Logan glanced at him, taking note of Max rolling her eyes, meaning this isn't the first time they had to deal with Mike's bitching. "Well, I mean, we were trying to make the long distance work, we really have but Dustin's always on Cerebro with Suzie and whenever I get a chance, we never know what to talk about and our monthly calls kind of got boring... I think she is starting to lose interest." Mike tells his friends.

"She lost all interest when she met me, Mike." Max said but mostly as a joke so Logan couldn't help but laugh. "Dude, you're probably overthinking it. Girls don't like overthinkers, they think they're clingy and annoying. Do you wanna be clingy and annoying, Wheeler?" He butts into their conversation and Lucas smirks. "He is clingy and annoying." He says but mostly as a joke and Mike sighs.

"Whatever, maybe it will be over when we see each other again, the spark will be back, I mean she did say she loves me back." He said with a too proud grin. "Probably as a friend..." Max mumbled and Lucas chuckles. "She tells me you guys stayed broken up..." She says as she looks up at him.

"N-No! No..." Mike paused and sighed. "Okay, maybe? But who knows, when she visits or I visit." He starts to smile softly at the thought and Logan looks down, playing with the zipper of his jacket as he chews on the inside of his mouth.

"And what about Will?" Logan asked as he glanced up and Mike looks at him. "What about Will?" He asked as he crossed his arms and Logan shrugs softly, smirking a bit. "Is he cute?" He asked and Max looks at her. "Oh, my God, yeah! Will!" She whisper-yells and Logan looked at her.

"Is he?" He asked and Mike's glare just deepens. "I'm gonna go check if Dustin's here yet..." He says before stomping up the stairs. "Wait, what? Did I say something wrong?" Logan asked and Lucas chuckled, looking at him. "No, not at all... And yes, Will is cute. I think... Is he?" Lucas looks at Max who nods her head right away. "Oh, God, I wish they were visiting instead!" She said, groaning.

"Shit, you're making me wanna meet him..." Logan says and Max sighs, putting her hands on her face. "I was so focused on Mike when it should've been Will!" She says and Logan's face scrunched up. "What's that suppose to mean?" He asked.

"N-Nothing..." Max said then Dustin and Mike came running down the stairs. "Hey! Sorry I'm late," Dustin said, smiling as he set his backpack down. "Man of the hour..." Logan smirked and glanced at Mike who was still making that stupid resting bitch face where he seriously looks like he's overthinking something. "So, this Suzie I keep hearing about..." Logan said with a grin as Dustin sat down.

He had a hand in his pocket, clutching his pack of cigarettes and lighter. Mike took notice of that. "What do you wanna know?" Dustin asked and Logan shrugs. "Where is she from?" He asked curiously. "Utah. She's Mormon." Dustin says before he could ask and Logan merely nodded.

"Cool." He says and looked over at Mike who was staring him down, more like glaring. He ignored him as he wrapped an arm around Lucas. "And what about you, Lucas? How did you snag a girl like Max Mayfield?" He asked as he tightly held Lucas like that. Lucas chuckled, crossing his arms as Logan glanced at Mike again to see he was now glaring at Lucas. He smirked slightly before looking at Lucas. "I worked my magic..." Lucas shrugs.

"What magic, Lucas? You were nervous to ask me to dance at the Snow Ball and didn't even say the words!" Max laughed and Logan chuckles, squeezing Lucas' shoulder. Logan glanced at Mike to see his attention was now on Logan's hand on Lucas' shoulder, his glare still evident on his face. "I'm gonna go for a smoke..." He stood up.

"Oh, you smoke?" Max watched him and he nods, glancing at Mike. "I'll smoke outside, don't wanna get kicked out for being a bad influence." He looked directly at Mike who rolls his eyes. "I'll come with..." Max quickly stood up from the couch.

authors note logan: *puts an arm around lucas*
mike: that should be me 😠