019. i'm sorry.

STEVE GOT into the car and sighed, looking at Logan who gave him a confused look. "What were you discussing with cheese puffs guy?" He asked and Steve shrugs. "My break, so tell me, what? Did Mike tell you everything? He's been wanting to for a while now... since he came back from visiting Will and El actually at the beginning of December." He says and Logan just looked away from him.

"Yeah... he told me everything. In a lot of details."

"Okay, cool, so all I have to say is, yes, it's hard to believe and understand, but it all did happen. All of it. I swear, Logan... I'm not that kind of guy to lie. Not anymore at least." He said and Logan looks at him. "People don't change..." He says and Steve nods. "I thought the same thing... but I'm here now, I have an awesome best friend, two actually, and you guys in my life... people I know who will support me. And it can be like that for you, as long as you don't push the party away." He says.

Logan stared out the window, biting his bottom lip. "Or Mike..." Steve added shortly. Logan glanced at him and looked down. "Do you like him?" Steve asked and Logan stayed quiet. "I... don't know." He mumbled to himself. "Do you think about it a lot then?" Steve asked and Logan nods. "All the time... I question it a lot." He shrugs.

"Then you obviously do."

"Nice joke, Harrington... I don't like people. They like me if they decide to." He says and Steve squints his eyes at Logan slightly who looks at him. "What?" He says and Steve shrugs. "Just... I was in your place before but I screwed up and she ended up with another guy." He tells him.

"You think that'll happen to me? Logan Simmons?"

"Can happen to anyone. Logan, we're a lot alike, because of reputation, I thought so highly of myself.. but that just got in my way. Don't let it get in your way." He said and Logan nodded.

"Can you drive me to Mike's?"

At Mike's, the car was parked right outside as Logan stared up at the house. He looks at Steve, "should I? What if he thinks I'm an asshole?" He asked and Steve sighs. "You're both assholes. Now go apologize for being an asshole and he probably will too." He nods towards the house and Logan sighed, rolling his eyes. He got out of the car and waved at Steve, even flipped him off before turning around and heading towards the house, walking across the snow covered lawn.

He approached the door and hesitantly knocked. By now Steve has driven off. He can totally make a run for it. He can run right now and they'll think it was a ding dong ditch. Ah, but it was too late as the door is opened by Karen Wheeler, "Logan!" She smiled sweetly at him and he smiled back.

"Hi. Is.. is Mike home?" He asked and she nods right away, "he's in the basement, head on in." She said and moved out of the way as she held the door more open. He nods, walking by her and heading to the door leading to the basement, having to pass by the livingroom where Ted was with Holly. "Logan!" He stopped and walked over to the doorway. He smiles when he saw Holly jump off the couch and run over to him. He kneels, "what's up, kid?" He asked her and she smiled at him.

His eyes widen, "your tooth! Where'd it go?" He asked her and she giggled. "Silly, it fell out!" She said excitedly and his jaw drops. "No! What are you, like five?" He asked her and she nods, a tight lipped smile on her face now. "So cool. Did you get a dollar?" He asked and she nods, grinning widely once more. He nods with a smile, "I'll see you later okay? I'm here to see Mike.." He says and she quickly nods, walking back to the couch.

Logan opened the door and can hear Mike sigh. "I said I'm not hungry, mom..." He said and Logan just shut the door before walking down the steps. Mike stood up right away and neither spoke as Logan glanced around. He let out a small sigh and walked over to Mike, wrapping his arms tightly around the boy's waist and Mike froze a bit.

He stood there for a moment then raised his arms, wrapping them tightly around Logan's shoulders. Logan didn't realize it but Mike might have been an inch taller, two if you also add his hair along with it. Logan wore boots half of the time that made him two or three inches taller than usual.

But he wasn't wearing his boots, he had to take them off at the front door so Mike appeared taller as he slowly pulled back from him. "We good?" Logan asked and Mike sighs. "I'm sorry I didn't come to you and sent Max your way instead... it wasn't a prank, it wasn't.. We lost so many people during all of it, what happened and... I was worried it'd be a risk, that you'd be one of those people if anything were to happen again." He says.

"Yeah... but it's not that big of a risk, the Owens huy found the Russians and the lab is shut down, isn't it?" Logan asked curiously and it made Mike feel content he was listening rather than zoning it all out. "Because... you're apart of the Party and we take care of each other... especially when you mean so much to me." Mike smiles shyly.

Logan's heart felt warm. No one ever talked to him like this or felt this way towards him. His parents don't want him and his sister was a total bitch. So instead of saying anything, he nodded and suddenly leaned in, kissing Mike's cheek before hugging him tightly. Mike's cheeks get rosy as he hugs Logan again, liking the feeling. Hugging.

When he and El were dating, all they did was kiss and listen to music on the radio so Hopper wouldn't hear them. This felt right, this felt better to him. He held him tighter and Logan felt safe in a way, a scrawny kid like Mike, yet he still did.

authors note im: in love with them
they: in love with each other ✌️😌