072. eavesdropping.

LOGAN SAT across Will now, Max and El agreed to giving them privacy and the two went to Lola's room for privacy, knowing that Elizabeth didn't mind them using this place as their own private hang out... As couples. "What happened with Luke?" Logan asked him, worried.

"We... had an argument after I told him, about... my feelings." He said and Logan nods, understandingly. "For Mike..." Will watched him for his reaction which was just his eyebrows raising in surprise. "What... kind of feelings?" He asked curiously and Will pursed his lips together.

"Like... those kind." He said softly and Logan simply nodded, pursing his lips. "You told him or he found out himself?" He asked and Will was surprised by him taking it so well, he sighed. "Uh... I told him because he suspected it... he didn't take it too well, he told me he knew I had a thing for him and we ended up arguing. I yelled that I never even liked him to begin with and he... he took it seriously and thought he was just... a replacement. But he wasn't, you know? He was Luke and Mike was Mike... He wasn't a replacement and he never was." He said and Logan just nods his head.

"We argued for much longer until he asked me if I wanted to break up. I asked him if he wanted to... and he said yes." He sighed and Logan frowned before leaning over and hugging him. Will hugged back right away, his head on Logan's shoulder. Logan rubbed his back as a way to comfort him and Will got closer, and closer until eventually he was in Logan's lap, and the older boy didn't mind, hugging him tightly in his arms.

"You're such a good friend." Will mumbled and Logan smiled, rubbing his back again. "I'll always be here for you, Will the Wise," he said and Will looked up at him. Their eyes met and for a second, Logan forgot what they were even talking about, Will had leaned up but then the door opened. "What the dick is going on in here?"

The two look over and saw Mike, Logan quickly realized how it might have looked and Will crawled off his lap quickly. "Nothing..." He said and Mike scoffed, glancing from one to the other. "Why'd you two part so quickly then like you got caught?" He asked and he had a point.

"Mike—" "I'm gonna go." Mike said and glanced at Will. "Give you two some privacy." He said with an annoyed tone and glared at Logan who sighed, quickly getting up. He rushed after Mike, all the way out the front door, "Mike, come on!" He said and Mike quickly spun around.

"What? Mike, come on, what?" By now he was yelling and Logan sighed. "I was comforting Will, just... come back, come on," he said and held out his hand towards Mike which only made the boy's glare deepen. "Fuck you. Fuck your bullshit." He said and Logan frowned, keeping his hand held out. "You know, I saw you, Will was leaning in, you were leaning in. What would've happened if I didn't walk in? Huh? Huh?" He said as he stepped closer and Logan just looked away from him.

"That's what I fucking thought." Mike said and slapped his hand away. "I wouldn't have done that! I told you I would never do that to you." He said angrily and Mike huffed. "Well it didn't seem like that to me. When you went and applied for a stupid fucking job where you think the guy working there is cute. When you went and held Will on your lap like how you should be holding me... He was leaning in, I saw it, I saw you leaning in. Admit it, you like having boys all putty in your hands to play with them and break their hearts." He says.

"I... broke your heart?" Logan asked softly and Mike just took off his jacket, the green bomber jacket. He throws it at Logan, "I'm sorry. We're done." He said and before Logan can say anything to object, he got onto his bike and drove off.

Logan slowly let his arms fall to his sides, watching his boyfriend drive off as his throat swelled up and his eyes teared up. He walked inside to see his mom standing nearby. "I-I wasn't eavesdropping." She said quickly and he just dropped the bomber jacket and pulled her into a tight hug. She hugged back right away with her hand on his upper back, rubbing circles soothingly.

He started weeping in his arms, tears staining the shoulder part of her shirt until eventually he calmed down and when he did, she sat down and let him rest his head on her lap. "Logan?" He peered up to see Will standing at the entryway off the livingroom. "I-I'm sorry..." He says softly.

"It's okay." Logan looked down and sighed. "Not your fault." He said as his mom played with his hair. "It was, I-I should've kept my distance, I'm sorry." He said and Logan just sat up, patting the spot next to him. Will walked over and sat by him, kind of hesitantly as Elizabeth got up, saying she was gonna go make sandwiches for them.

Will looked at Logan who leaned against him, his head on Will's shoulder with his hair tickling Will's neck. "I can always depend on you, right, Will the Wise?" He whispered and Will smiled, putting his head on top of Logan's. "Of course, Logan." He said and the boy closed his eyes, sighing.

After lunch, Logan went to work, his first shift was starting at 1:30 but his training was at 1 o'clock so he had to be there early for that. He arrived at 12:50, parking the car and heading inside. He walked in to see Chris was restocking shelves, "oh, perfect, just in time, help me with this as I tell you the basics you need to know around here." He said and Logan simply nods as he walks over.

authors note i don't even remember how i described chris or if i ever even casted anyone as chris 😳😳😳 but should i?? 🤭

+ i've decided now that the fc of chris will be noen eubanks because i'm a whore for that man and i couldn't exactly resist