028. going to camp.

ON THE Thursday that week, Logan found himself dreading school and already counting down to summer break. the sixth of March. Last day of school was June 26. Meaning four months. Just four more months of this crap, four more months of sitting in class and pretending to listen, four more months for agonizing lunch breaks, four more months of having to see people who are genuinely the worst and drain your soul. Four. More. Months. Of. This. Bullshit.

But Logan's year wasn't bad as much lately. he got to see Mike everyday. Sure, he doesn't get to kiss him or hold him in the public eye like he does in private, but Mike makes all those feelings of frustration, anger, annoyance and stress go away with a smile at Logan or a glance at him.

"Logan," Mike said, stopping by the boy's locker. "Hi." Logan said and mike furrowed his brows. "Are you okay?" He said and Logan nodded, taking his textbook out of his backpack and putting it into the locker. The halls are empty, everyone had probably left since the bell rang already.

"Yeah." Logan said and Mike waited for a second, pursing his lips together. He let them go, sighing softly, "I got a new game... wanna come over and play?" Mike asked him and Logan shrugs. "sure..." he says and Mike's face just scrunched up in another confused look. "Ate you sure you're—" "yes. I'm okay. Listen, can I just meet you there? I have a thing." he said and Mike frowned.

"Uh.. yeah, sure." He walked away and Logan sighed, looking at Mike walking away. He shut his locker and headed to the parking lot right away, hoping that Lolita was still there, but instead finds Steve Harrington's car is the only one still in the empty parking lot. He furrowed his brows and made his way over, staying on the driver's side as Steve rolled the window down, it was slowly moving down and when it got to the bottom, steve just smiles up at him, "hey buddy." He greeted Logan.

"What happened your eye?"

Logan just sighs and got into the car, "drive me home." he says and Steve nodded, complying. "Dustin... ran into some trouble with Troy and James, they were teasing him about Suzie being made up and hitting his hat off his head and I hate bullies." he says and steve nods.

"So... I punched James and when he fell, I got on top of him and kept punching him." He said and rolled his eyes at himself, holding up his hands. His knuckles were bruised but at least the blood was gone. "and Troy... just attacked me! he went berserk, pushed me off James and got one punch in before a teacher came. I even had a nosebleed." He says and Steve sighs. "Listen, man, guys like Troy and James, they aren't worth your time, alright? You should've just ignored them." He advised.

"I know, man, but they were bugging Dustin, i'd rather have them fight me than pick on my friends." He says and Steve nods, glancing at him then looking back at the road right away as they got closer to the Simmons home. "I know what you mean. Friendship is important." He says and Logan smiled, nodding. "So... Dustin told robin and I that you and Mike..." Steve trailed on with a grin.

"I knew he would."

"Of course he would!" Steve said and Logan sighs. "Yeah, we are... I like him. He's so cute, and pretty, and he's... he's such a good kisser." He blushed and Steve chuckles. "thank god dustin and the others left you alone on valentines day, right?" He said and Logan looks at him right away.

"Did they do that on purpose?" He asked and Steve nods right away. "Oh, yeah, they did." He says and Logan rolled his eyes, blushing more as he smiles. "I knew it." he says and Steve chuckles.

"Your stop." Steve said as he stopped behind the Jeep and Vista Cruiser on the gravel road. "Oh... my parents are home." He's surprised, genuinely since they rarely come home right after school, not until five o'clock at least. "Yeah... it's why lola couldn't drive you home." He says and Logan looked at him right away. "What?" He says and Steve sighs. "Uh... I'll see you around, bud." He says and Logan nodded, giving him a smile.

Logan headed inside and stopped slowly when he heard yelling, his eyes kind of wide. It was his parents, but they weren't yelling at each other. He quietly shut the door and the yelling stopped. "Logan?" His mom calls out.

"Hi." He squeaked out and then walked into the house further to the kitchen, stopping there at the entryway to see Lolita sitting at the table with tears rolling down her cheeks and their father giving a stern glare at the young girl.

"Here." Logan held up his hands when a set of keys were thrown at him. "I-I only turn fifteen this year..." He stammers and Lolita glanced up. "Lola doesn't deserve the car." Larry said and Logan glanced from his mom to his dad. "W-What'd she do?" He asked and his mom chuckled, in a bitter manner as she looked over at her daughter. "Why don't you tell her, Lola?" She asked and Lolita sniffled. "I'm going to camp, Logan..." She said.

"Telling him why." Larry said and Lolita quickly reached up. "I brought a girl home." She said and Logan's heart felt like it was thumping against his ribcage and he felt for his sister, felt empathy. "Oh..." He said and glanced at his mom.

"And this is what happens when you do things like this in this household. Do you understand that?" Elizabeth asked but Logan had zoned out, yet still nodded his head softly. "Yeah." he says. "Go on, we're gonna drive Lolita today." Larry says and Logan looked at his sister in worry.

"Say goodbye to her." Larry says and Logan walked over. Lolita stood up as their parents went and got lolita's bag from her room. She had packed this afternoon after they found out. Lolita and Logan embrace each other tightly, "Don't worry, baby brother... I won't let them change me. I'll be acting different when I get home, but it'll just be an act so I won't be there any longer." She whispered and logan nods his head understandingly.

Logan sniffled and gulped softly, Lolita knew then that he was gonna cry. She pulled back and smiled at her, "hey, I'm your big sister... I'm Lolita, I'll get through it and be back as soon as possible. For now, don't pull that crap I did... go to mike's whenever you wanna see him, don't bring him here unless mom and dad are away, okay?" She whispers and he nodded right away, smiling.

"I'm gonna miss you..." He says and she smiled. "I'm gonna miss you too." She says and their parents appear at the hallway, one holding her bag and the other holding her backpack. "Time to go, Lola." Elizabeth said and Logan just rurned away, it was better not to see her go.

"Bye, Logan..."

"We'll be home tonight."

authors note ngl the end of the chapter broke my heart, i love lolita 🥺
+ fuck i wrote in lower caps🙁