017. fourth of july.

THE DAY that Will and El had to leave was January 3, on Friday before the weekend. Logan was still kinda in a slump since New Years Eve/Day. Mike keeps asking him if he remembers what he did or what he said but Logan doesn't.

Logan only remembers getting drunk on whiskey and Mike taking him up to his room and letting him sleep there while he slept on the floor. Mike keeps asking in a manner like as if Logan might suddenly remember or something, like he didn't wanna tell Logan himself what he said.

The Party had plans for when after El and Will leave but for now they meet up at Mike's place, where Jonathan came with his mom to pick up Will and El who were staying with the family, El had the basement by herself and Will would sleep on the couch or sometimes in Mike's room.

They all stand in the driveway, cold from the winter air and all huddled together as Will and El put their luggage into the back of the car they were using. "All ready?" Jonathan asked them.

They both nod but then go back to their friends, all of them coming into a group hug. Logan had his arms tightly around Max and Mike. When it broke up, he went over to Will. "Mike told me about Cerebro and you best believe I will go there weekly to come talk to you. Alright?" He says and Will nodded right away with a smile at him.

"I'll call sometime too, Max gave me the number to your house." He says and Logan nods. "Don't call between hours from 5-9 pm. My parents are assholes." He says and Will chuckles, wrapping his arms around Logan's waist. Logan quickly hugged back, smiling softly. He was kind of glad he met Will but was sad he had to go so soon.

"Will, we gotta go, bud." Jonathan said and Will quickly pulls from Logan, getting into the back of the car with El. The Party wave at the car as it drove down the small path leading to the road. Mike now stood behind Logan, looking at him.

"See you guys.." Mike heads to the door and they all turn. "I thought we agreed to hanging out?" Max said and Mike looks at him. "No? Logan and I have plans... Come on." He gestured and Logan got confused but walked over anyway.

But even then, the two mostly sat in the basement, playing Atari and drinking cans of New Coke. "This is so bullshit, you know? All of those years of friendship, taken away with some job Joyce was offered and they had to move away and now it's not the same with Will." Mike says.

"Is it because I kissed him?" Logan asked and Mike scoffs. "What? N-No! No." He repeated no twice. Double negative, he means yes. "Okay.." Logan mumbled and Mike stayed quiet now. "It's just... everything that happened, it isn't fair, you know?" He asked and Logan nodded.

"Yeah, yeah, whatever happened.." He says and Mike had to mentally slap himself. Logan doesn't know jackshit about it. "Um... yeah," Mike mutters and Logan furrowed his eyebrows.

"And what's that exactly?"

"Don't wanna talk about it..."

"Okay." Logan said and it was quiet between the two at least thirty minutes before Mike sighed and moved to sit on the floor where Logan sat as he had been sitting on the couch, he kneeled beside him so Logan looks at him right away.

"You have to swear, swear on your precious life you will not tell a single soul." He said and Logan got concerned by how serious Mike was who sighed. "It's top secret shit and... it's risky, but I-I want you to know, you know like when you said you wanted to be honest with me... This is me being honest with you." He said and Logan nodded.

"You know that shit that happened on the Fourth of July here?" He asked and Logan nods right away. "Yeah, Max told me about it one time." He shrugs and Mike sighed softly. "Billy died there, along with our chief, Jim Hopper... Billy is Max's step-brother, was... And Hopper was El's dad." He says and Logan just slowly nodded his head.

"It all started on November 6, 1983..."

And after a very long explanation about another dimension, some fucked up creatures and about the summer of 1985, Logan looked away and blinked. "Please tell me it's real or you have a really active imagination..." He mumbled.

"It's all real, Logan," Mike says and he looks at him. "And you know I would never lie to you... Ever." He says and Logan slowly nods, looking down. "I-I should go home, think a bit, sleep a bit, panic a bit... and then I'll be back tomorrow..." He says and Mike simply nodded his head, understanding.

"I'll see you tomorrow."

At home, Logan walked into the kitchen and saw his parents were again arguing but at this point, he zoned out and didn't hear a thing as he now walks down the hall to his bedroom. He stripped down to just be in his boxers and shirt as he got into bed, closing his eyes as he thought about it. Was that whole story about Hawkins even true?

Logan laid in bed for like an hour before he laid on his stomach and heard his bedroom door open. "Hey, you okay?" It was his dad and he didn't reply right away, just stared at the wall. "Y-Yeah..." He finally replied as he moved to look at his dad who was standing in the doorway, keeping the door open with a hand on the doorknob.

"Are you feeling okay?" He asked and Logan simply sat up. "Actually... no... Is that okay?" He says and his father just shrugs. "Your mom left... going for a drive or something, she won't be back until tonight probably... dinner is whatever you can find, I guess." He shrugged his shoulders again.

Logan nods. "I'm not hungry." He says and his father simply nods. "Lola is probably going out with a couple of friends again... I'm gonna watch some tv." Larry tells his son who nods before he laid back down, staring at the ceiling. Larry sighed and slowly shut the door, leaving him be.

authors note parents of the year award to larry and elizabeth simmons ✌️😌 (this is obviously sarcastic btw)