021. i like you.

WHEN LOGAN got home on that afternoon of January 7th, he hadn't went to school and he didn't really care. He walks into his place, kicking his boots off right away and heading to the kitchen. His parents were there, eating supper. "Hi..." He said and his mom glanced up at him.

"Hi honey... did you have a nice time at the Wheeler's?" She asked and he nodded as he sat down at the table. "Yes." He said as he glanced around and saw a bowl of fruit. His father slides over the plate, "have an apple." He says.

Logan took one and took a big bite into it, glancing from his father to his mother. "Was it okay I missed school today? I-I slept in and... Mike thought it wouldn't matter if we didn't go." He shrugs lightly and his mother nods, sipping her coffee.

"Honey, we like that you have friends..." She says with a smile and he nods, glancing down. "But we hope you're not... You know." Larry said and Logan glanced to him next. "Being stupid like I was with Jake?" He asked and Larry nodded.

"This is a small town. Mike probably has a girlfriend, right?" Elizabeth asked who he now looked over at now, nodding slowly. "Y-Yeah... El. Short for Eleanor, I guess..." He says and her mom squints her eyes. "El?" She says and he nods.

"She's... pretty. I met her over winter break, they came and visited..." He says and smiled. A forced one to put up a facade of being this straight teenage boy because that's what they wanted. Not some gay. It pained him knowing they wouldn't be at least somewhat 50% okay with him dating a boy. But it made sense. So much hatred.

He doesn't care however. He didn't have to tell people and if he did and they reacted badly, then that's on them, too fucking bad. Logan kissing a boy bothers them? Then they don't have to know Logan, for all he cares, they can get out of his life forever and he wouldn't give a damn.

"And what about Max?" Larry asked and Elizabeth nods as she set her chin onto her palm. "She's just my best friend... she's with Lucas." He says as he glanced away. "Oh, baby, she won't stay with him for too long. I bet her mother surely doesn't approve..." Elizabeth says and he glanced up. "Because Lucas is of colour?" He asked and she doesn't say anything. "We don't mean it like that." Larry said and he scoffed, standing up.

"I know how you meant it..."

He walked into his bedroom and shut the door. He hung his coat up and laid onto his bed, staring at the ceiling. The next day at school was the next time Logan saw Mike and when he did see him in that empty hallway when second period started on January 8th, he just hugged him.

"Hi..." Mike mumbled as he hugged back. "Hi..." Logan whispers, keeping his arms tightly wrapped around Mike. He had his usual boots on so it appeared as if he was taller than Mike. "You okay?" Mike whispers as he pulled back slightly and Logan just looked down at him. "I like you... like a lot, Mike, in that way, and sometimes it hurts knowing you already have someone else for you... Because I'm not that someone." He whispered.

Mike ended up just standing there, confused, as he watched Logan pull his arms away and turn around, walking away. How was he suppose to interpret that? Mike was left to wonder this all by himself as Logan avoided him. Everywhere. Even when they had a class together where they usually sat together, he sat in the far back as Mike sat in the front all by himself with others he doesn't talk to.

It wasn't until after school when Logan came up to him with a smile. "Hey... what is the party up to today?" He asked and Mike just stared at him. "What?" Was all came out Mike's mouth. "The party? What are you guys up to?" He asked, his smile never going away as his eyes never leave Mike. "I-I thought you were mad at me.."

"Never, Mike, never." Logan said as he shook his head and Mike slowly nodded. "It's whatever, Mike. Hey, you gave me one ounce of affection and I fell for it but that's on me, because I never knew what that was among friends, or family... Same thing with Jake but this won't be another Jake situation, right? You know..." He says and Mike sighs.

He merely nodded, "y-yeah.. sure." He whispered and Logan just smiled, nodding as he nudged Mike. "Come on, there's Max and her two boyfriends." He says when he spotted Max, Dustin and Lucas. "That's funny since they both had crushes on her..." Mike chuckled as they walk together.

"Oh, no shit," Logan looked at him right away and Mike nodded his head, chuckling. "Yeah. When she first moved here, both had such big crushes on her and it was why they wanted her in the party, and the fact she skateboards and beat Dustin's high school. She was an enigma in their eyes and so annoying in mine." He says with an eye roll.

"And what about me?" Logan looked over at Mike with a taunting grin and Mike just smiled softly as he stared at him. "An enigma, definitely an enigma, Logan Simmons..." He says and Logan looked away, smiling faintly to himself.

Logan didn't know what it was but there was always something about Mike that made his heart leap or feel warm. He hates it. But he loves it so much. No one's ever made him feel this way. Not even Jake or even Willow when they had their first kiss in seventh grade. Willow he should've dated, should've been holding in his arms and kissing the way he did with Jake but he's not so into girls.

God, and there was that damn urge again. To reach out and interlock his fingers with Mike's. To restrain himself in a way, Logan shoved his hands into his coat pocket as they finally reached the trio at the end of the hall. "Logan! Mike! We're going to the new diner that's opening up, are you guys up to go and eat?" Max asked the two.

"Sure..."

"Hell yeah!"

authors note logan: it's fine, i get it, we're friends. JUST friends, right?
also logan: *flirts with mike shamelessly*