012. interesting.

THE NEXT few weeks for the party were the same, it was winter so they rarely spent time outside, only inside in Mike's basement. It was now a week before Christmas, the 18th and the kids were on their winter break now so they planned to have a sleepover here at Mike's place.

They all sat there in front of the tv, Max sitting on the floor between Lucas' legs as he played with her hair. Mike sat between Dustin's and Logan's legs, staring at the television screen.

"Why are we watching Karate Kid for the millionth time this year?" He asked and Logan smiles. "Ralph Macchio." He said at the same time as Max who then giggled, pulling her legs up to her chest. Max was also sleeping over but was gonna sleep in the fort by herself, the boys all got sleeping bags to sleep wherever they wanted on the floor.

Mike sighs, putting his head onto Logan's thigh, closing his eyes. "I'm bored! Can't we watch a scary movie?" He sat up suddenly and Logan sighs. "It's nearly over!" He tells the boy who just rolled his eyes. "Max?" Mike looks at Max. "Oh, come on! Just watch the movie, you know what I mean, don't you? About Ralph Macchio? You know I do, Mike! I can tell." She says and Mike sighs.

"Or do you have a more distinctive type? Like..." She glanced at Logan with a huge grin on her face. "Dark hair and typically the badass type who also have their cute sides?" She said and Mike was not amused. She just described El and Logan! Right in front of Logan! He glares at her.

"That's what Ralph Macchio is like too! Now shut up and watch the movie." She turns back to the screen and he rolls his eyes but listened, watching the movie as well with crossed arms.

She was sort of right. But Mike was still bored and once the movie was done, he excitedly changed the film to Halloween which they all complained about with Christmas right around the corner, except for Logan. He didn't complain. At all. Dustin moved to sit on the arm chair all by himself so Mike quickly sat between Logan and Lucas.

He was much closer to Logan, practically squishing himself to his side but Logan didn't mind as the movie started and they all got so into it. They were all quiet when suddenly the side door opened loudly, swinging open. They all jumped when it opened, looking over as cold winter air filled the room, all of them in just pyjamas. Except for Logan, he was in his regular jeans and shirt.

"Um... guys?" Logan slowly stood up and Max paused the movie, also confused as wind blew in, some snow flying in as it did. Logan walked closer, Max and Mike right behind him. "Surprise!" Two people jumped out and they all jumped, Mike grabbing onto Logan's wrist but all sighed when they saw it was just two teenagers, their age.

"El!" Max said and jumped foward, wrapping her arms around the brunette girl who giggled and hugged her back tightly. "Max..." She whispered contently and Logan's brows furrow. "Wait.. is that... them?" He looked to Mike who nodded. "Will!" Dustin and Lucas hug the boy.

Mike stayed standing where he was, sort of not reacting but then quickly realized his hand wrapped around Logan's wrist. El pulled back from Max, noticing Mike holding Logan's wrist. "Hi..." She says and Mike smiles faintly, pulling his hand back from Logan. "Hi..." He walked over.

She pulls him into a hug, glancing at Logan over his shoulder who just shyly looked down, avoiding eye contact as he held his wrist, the wrist Mike grabbed, behind his back. El cut their hug off short as she looked at Logan, "hi. I'm El." She smiles and he smiled right back at her kindly.

"I'm Logan." He held out his hand as Will, after being let go by Lucas and Dustin turned to Logan as well, kind of curiously. "Nice to meet you, Logan." El quickly shook his hand and he smiles more before looking at Will. "You must be... Will." He glanced up and down making Will blush.

Mike noticed and furrowed his eyebrows, crossing his arms. Lucas, Dustin, El and Max watch the interaction between both boys quite curiously and intrigued. "Yeah... I'm Will." The boy said shyly as Logan held out his hand. "Logan... Logan Simmons." He says and Will quickly nods.

"Y-Yeah, I know, Mike told me about you..." He said, his face still bright red. Logan raised his eyebrows, looking at Mike as Will put his hand into Logan's. "Interesting..." Logan said as he put his other hand ontop of Will's, shaking the hand gently. Mike avoids looking back at him, rather also blushing and looking down kind of shyly.

Logan looks back to Will who was staring at him with a small smile on his face. "How did you guys even get in? Open the door and everything? Like... The door was locked, wasn't it?" He looks at Max and Will opened his mouth but said nothing. "I pick locks." El said with a small grin.

"Badass." Logan held up his hand and El quickly high fives him excitedly with a wide smile. "What were you guys watching?" She asked as she turned to where the tv and couch were. "Halloween." Mike says and El looks at him.

"Jonathan is staying at Steve's... can we stay here?" She asked and Mike quickly nods. "We're having a sleepover, Max is sleeping in the fort, you can sleep with her and Will can join the boys and I on the floor in our sleeping bags." He says and El simply nodded her head with a small smile.

"It'll be so fun." Logan said and Mike nodded right away, looking at him. "We can play games." He says then turned to Will. "We can play D&D tomorrow." He says making Will beam up at him with a smile. "I have a campaign planned! But... i-it's no big deal, we can play whenever..." He says as memories of the summer came flooding back.

"No, we'll play tomorrow... Can you fit me into your campaign, Will the Wise?" Logan said and Will looks at him with a bright smile, nodding right away. "I even added Max and El, i-if you guys wanna play... the Zoomer and the Mage..." He said, still sounding unsure and insecure. "Of course we'll play, Will." Dustin said and they all nod.

authors note and then they played 15 hours 😔💅 it's simply what my honey bunch, aka son, will byers deserves <33