034. i'm more sorry.

LOGAN STOOD in front of the vending machine and picked D-2 before the packet of Reese's Pieces dropped and he crouched to pick out the candy from the bottom. He opened the bag and then heard someone walking up to him and stopping right behind him. "Hey." He turned around to see Mike there, looking down.

"Hey..." Logan said and popped one of the candies into his mouth. "I'm sorry." Both suddenly say at the same time. "Sorry? What are you sorry for?" Mike looked at him and Logan sighed, slipping the bag of candy into his hands. "Well... they told me one of your insecurities was being weak and not athletic... And I'm sorry, I feel terrible for taking a jab at them." He said and Mike looks away, glancing around the halls and sighed.

"Come with me." He said and Logan did, they end up in a bathroom where Mike locked the door. "I'm more sorry... You did save Dustin, I was just being... annoying." He said and Logan raised his brows. "Ya think?" He teased and Mike sighed, turning around and walked over to the sink.

"I'm sorry." He said again and Logan walked over, putting his arms around Mike's waist. "I'm sorry too, baby boy..." He kissed Mike's neck. "I didn't mean what I said... you're the strongest leader ever, keeping everyone together." He said and nuzzled the nape of Mike's neck. "Maybe you were right." Mike said as he stared in the mirror, at his small arms, comparing them to Logan's musclar ones around his waist. "Hey, hey," Logan turned him around and leaned in, kissing his cheek.

"I was just angry... I didn't mean it. I mean... yeah, you're not that strong physically. But you're strong in here," Logan pointed to Mike's chest where his heart was, "emotionally... And I think that's the strongest anyone can ever be." He said and Mike looked down, nodding softly.

"And you're so smart, like holy shit. I think that's your best trait." He says and Mike smiled, looking up at Logan in the eyes. "I'm so sorry... You were right. You were just protecting Dustin, if anything, it's those assholes, Troy and James' fault for not letting it go." He says and Logan sighs.

"What did El do anyway? To fight back?" He smiled and Mike chuckled. "She used her powers to squeeze Troy's tiny bladder to make him pee... Then broke his arm when they tried to make me jump off a cliff and take Dustin's teeth out." He said and Logan's eyes widen. "Jump off a cliff? Oh, I'm really gonna get them for that one when—" Logan's cut off with Mike's chapped lips pressing to his own. He relaxed and put his hands on the small of Mike's back, kissing his boyfriend back.

Mike's lips slip between his and Logan is kinda taken back but continued to kiss back. He's more surprised when Mike's tongue prodded at his mouth and slipped in. They rarely kissed with tongue since the first time they did but Logan doesn't mind, stepping closer and tasting Mike, all of him and then leaned back, pursing his lips.

"You're irresistible, Wheeler..." He whispered and Mike blushed, pecking his lips this time. "We better go back to Dustin's room..." He said softly and Logan agreed right away, slipping his hand into Mike's. He unlocked the door and opened it, the two pulling their hands from one another quickly as soon as they stepped out of the bathroom.

On the walk, Mike noticed Logan fumbling with his pocket. "What's with all the candy?" He asked and Logan looks at him. "Substitute for smoking..." He shrugged lightly and Mike looks up at him. "Did... you quit?" He questioned curiously. Logan merely nods once, "you don't really like it... and it was bad for me anyway, making me wheezy and more out of breath than usual." He says.

Mike just looked away, smiling softly. "You make me not want to though." Logan says as he took out his bag of Reese's Pieces. "You don't have to do it to please me." Mike looks at Logan who raised his brows. "I like pleasing you." He says and Mike just blushed, rolling his eyes. "Besides, I'm doing it not just for you, but for me too because I knew how it made you feel. It made me feel... like shit for it." He shrugged his shoulder slightly.

Mike looked at him and smiled. "Well, I'm proud of you." He says and Logan smiles back before entering the room, Robin and Steve were no longer here but Lucas and Max were, right by Dustin's side. "You guys okay now?" Dustin asked and Mike nods right away, crossing his arms. He had a small smile on his face and Logan came to sit by Dustin's legs again, "I'm sorry about this... It should have been me." He said and Dustin sighed.

"Don't say that." Mike said and Logan sighed. "What? It should've been." He said and Dustin shook his head. "No, no. Hey, guys, come on. I'm gonna be fine. You guys should go home. I'm gonna get picked up by my mom soon anyway and I'll see you guys at school!" He says and Logan looked at Mike. He looked like he was about to ask Logan to walk him home. Logan wasn't opposed.

"Go on. I'll be fine." Dustin assured and Max sighed, she was the first to walk away and then Mike. "Get well soon, Dusty-bun," is the only thing Max said before they exit the room and Logan looked at Lucas. "You?" He asked and Lucas shook his head, sitting down on the other side by Dustin's legs. Logan just nodded and got up. He headed for the door and for a split second, he glanced inside and saw the two just looking at each other.

He heads down the hall, joining Max and Mike at the elevator. Inside the elevator, he stood between the two and stared at the closed elevator doors. "He'll be okay..." Mike assured Logan who just nodded his head once, continuing to stare at the doors but then they open. The three now walked down the road, they passed by Max's house eventually meaning she left them.

Mike and Logan now walk side by side all the way to Mike's place, Mike went in through the door on the side. He had Logan's hand in his and when he walked in, he pulled Logan inside with him. Inside, Logan just stood there at the door and watched Mike take off his jacket and hoodie.

"What you said at the hospital..." He said and Logan looked at him. "That it should've been you?" He asked and Logan nods his head softly. "Yeah?" He says and Mike sighed, sitting at the couch. "What if they get you next? Like Dustin was just the beginning or some shit. I know these guys, I knew them my whole life. One thing isn't just one thing to them, they'll hit again." He says.

"Don't worry about it so much, Mike." Logan said and opened the door. "Goodnight. I'll see you at school on Monday..." He said and walked out the door, shutting it behind him.

authors note me for no reason: ✨henclair✨

+ ya know what? fuck it, i'm making this book a hundred chapters long because i wanna cover EVERY PLOT now