027. it was our deal.

THE NEXT day, the first of March, was when his parents came back and Logan was already pretty miserable. He missed Mike. He went home just this morning and Logan already wanted to see him again. But he stopped himself, ended up joining his parents for supper for that evening.

"Where's Lolita?" Larry asked as he sat across from Logan who sat alone while Elizabeth sat with him. "Uh... Probably with Robin..." Logan shrugged and Elizabeth furrowed her brows. "Robin? First I'm hearing of her... who's she?" She asked and Logan sighed. "Some girl at the Family Video... she's friends with Lola, I'm guessing," he merely said and looked down at his plate.

Larry and Elizabeth share a look and then Elizabeth looked back at Logan. "And how about you? How was your week? You or her invite any friends?" She asked. "Yeah, actually," he said and he debated whether or not to tell them Mike stayed over some nights but he knew what they'd think; a boy? They'd rather be told that a girl stayed over a few nights but Logan doesn't like girls.

"Max?" Larry smiled and Logan glanced up. "All of them, Dustin, Lucas, Max and Mike..." He trailed off and Larry nodded as his smile went away. "Well... I mean, how is it going with Max?" Elizabeth set her chin on the palm of her hand and Logan sighs. "She's Lucas' girl and I don't like her... she's just my best friend. How many times do I have to say that? A million? A billion?" He sassed.

"We just think you'd two look cute."

"You know what would look cute? Me and death." He bared his teeth in a smile and his mother scolded him as his father scoffed. "We don't talk like that in this house, apologize right now." He said and Logan took a moment, standing his guard but when he saw a glare grow on his dad's face, he let out a shaky breath and his nostrils flared.

"I'm sincerely sorry... May I be excused? I have a call to get to..." He said and he wasn't lying. He had gotten a radio just to be able to talk to Mike. "Fine... go." Larry excused him and he sighed, getting up from the table and walking away.

He grabbed his radio from his desk and shut his door behind him. He opened the window and peered his head out, pressing the button, "oh, Paladin, where art thou, Paladin?" He said but he mostly said it in a teasing tone. Mike is quick to answer, "Logan!" He said too eagerly.

"Hi baby boy." Logan also said it in a teasing manner but it made Mike blush and his delayed response made him notice the boy liked being called that. "Uh, what's up?" Mike chuckled as he spoke and Logan grinned widely. "Did you like that? The nickname? Aw, that's so cute." He teased.

Mike rolled his eyes and smiled softly. "Uh... do you know if Dustin is up at Cerebro? Thinking of going..." Logan played with the black metallic ring on his middle finger. "Oh... to talk to Will?" Mike responded and Logan bit the inside of his cheek. "Yeah... that okay.. uh, with you?" He asked and Mike took a couple seconds.

"Sure.. I mean, whatever.. he's your friend." He said and Logan sighed softly before pressing the button, "hey, it's just a friendly conversation... wanna catch him up on stuff, it was our deal." He said and Mike glanced around the basement, before pressing the button again to respond.

"Promise?"

"Yeah, of course, I promise..."

Logan had gone to Weathertop after, walking the whole way and when he got there, he felt like someone was around but then he ignored that feeling as he sits down. He opened Cerebro, opening to the frequency that they usually use. "Oh, Cleric, I'm calling for Will the Wise, is Will the Wise available?" He asked into it.

"Logan! Hey." Will responded after a while and Logan smiled widely. "Hi Will!" He said excitedly and Will took a moment. "Sorry, Luke was messy," Will said and Logan smirked. "Luke? Who's he?" He asked him pretty smugly.

Will started blushing, sitting down at his desk as he glanced around his room. "Uh... just a new friend." He said and Logan chuckled before pressing the button. "Well, I'm happy for you, Will, what's he like?" He asked him curiously.

"He has blue eyes, blonde hair and.. kinda muscular." Will giggled and Logan smiled widely, happy for him but then the description kind of reminded him of... Jake. He stopped smiling but quickly replied, "well, lucky you, my boyfriend is scrawny, too tall, brown eyes and black hair." He said and Will just smiled.

"You're dating Mike?" He asked and Logan blushed as he smiled widely again. "Yes... and I'm happy... Are you... okay with that?" Logan asked and he got the sound of Will chuckling in response. "I think you guys are cute... I kinda figured you liked him. You looked jealous when he stood too close to El." He said and Logan blushed, smiling.

"Yeah.. We're kinda dating now." Logan said as he stared off in the distance. "You guys seem good together and I genuinely mean that. Mike needed someone like you in his life, sure El was there but... that was different than what you two have... deeper, you know?" Will asked him.

Logan started to smile to himself and sighed. "What about anything else you wanted to talk about?" Logan asked and Will took a while before they started talking again, talking about many things and Logan stayed there until the sun was setting and when it did, he headed home.

At home, he went straight to bed and ended up laying in bed for at least two hours while reading a book before he shut it and set it onto his bedside table. He was about to sleep but his supercomm went off, "Goodnight Logan."

He smiled. "Goodnight Mike."

authors note i'm watching shazam ✌️😎