078. in love.

THE FIRST day of school, the party walked into their high school as Juniors, and it felt unreal. Logan glanced around and looked back at Mike, "I'll see you at lunch?" He asked and Mike quickly nodded. He bid him and the others a see-you-later before walking away and look for his first class.

All of them were pretty much split up and taking different classes or because that's how they made their schedules. In Chemistry, Logan sat beside a girl who keeps glancing at him, she seemed kind of... goth, she had fishnets, boots, a piercing on her eyebrow and on her nose, she had her arms crossed and Logan sighed when she looked at him once more since their class had started.

He set his chin onto the palm of his hand, trying to focus on the class. The second class wasn't as bad, Max had the same one and he sat with her in the way back. The third class he had with Dustin and sat with him in the front row. Then came lunch, and he was starving, walking into the cafeteria and getting some food right away. He walked around, finding his friends quickly at a round table. He sat down between Max and Lucas, right across from Mike, "God, I hate this place." He mumbled as he started to pick at his food with a fork.

"Do you guys ever think of dropping out?"

"All. The. Time." Max groaned and set her head in her hands. "You won't, though... right?" Mike asked Logan, with concern, who simply sighed and nods his head. "Of course not..." He said and set his chin on the palm of his hand. "I just... don't like this place all that much." He sighed and yet, another worry came into Mike's head. He knew El for two years, two years and eight months, after that, she moved away. Would Logan wanna move away too? He looked directly at his boyfriend.

And then the fifth period of the day came and Logan went into the janitor's closet, locking it behind him. "Mike?" He whispered and he felt arms wrap around his waist tightly, pulling him into a tight embrace. "Hi," he smiled and wrapped his arms around Mike's shoulders. "Hi," Mike mumbled. "I missed you, baby." He said as Mike leaned in now and kissed Logan's neck gently. "I missed you too..." Mike whispered back to his boyfriend as Logan rubs his back.

Mike pulled away and leaned up, pressing their lips together. Logan kissed back instantly with his hands going to cup Mike's face gently. Mike pulled back, "promise you won't leave me like El did?" He whispers and Logan rubbed his cheekbones. "Never... I swear to you, Mike," he whispers and Mike nodded softly, glancing down at Logan's lips and then started to smile.

"I love you, like... so much," he looked at Logan in the eyes and Logan smiled, leaning in and kissing him on the lips gently. Their kiss deepened as Mike stepped closer, his arms around Logan's waist tightening. Logan felt content, being with Mike. He always felt like what he had with him was just right. Most boys would push away feelings like this, being gay, being in love with another boy but Logan was accepting it fully. Like entirely.

He was in love with Michael Wheeler and he was okay with that. Definitely. Always and forever. Even if they grew apart, went to separate colleges and never saw each other again. He knows there would always be a special spot in his heart that was reserved for Mike and Mike only.

This wasn't puppy love and he knew that. Most people, if this was a girl he was with and everyone knew, they would look away and say it was young love, that it would die down soon or the other would hurt the other. But Logan could see himself actually knowing Mike for the rest of his life and even continue to be with him.

In secret, probably, but he didn't care as long as he knew Mike for longer than just a year or a couple of months. Mike pulled away, reaching up to the flaps of Logan's jacket, pulling him closer and smiling as he rested his forehead against Logan's. "I love you. And one day, we can tell whoever we want and do any of this wherever we want." He said and Logan genuinely believed that.

He nodded and leaned in, kissing him deeply again before pulling away. "Let's do something, just you and I. Tonight. I can ask Lola to book us a hotel room... she'd totally be supportive." He grins and Mike chuckled. "And how do we pay for it?" He rubbed the back of Logan's neck who just smiled, shrugging his shoulders lightly. "Oh, right, yeah, not like I haven't been getting paid for the past summer. I'll take care of it, baby, you just... get ready for tonight, okay? Bring an extra set of clothes and tell your parents you're sleeping over at Lucas' or something." He shrugs.

"Okay..." Mike smiled widely up at him. And that night, Logan did give something to Mike, something he's wanted for a while now and they actually loved every minute of it, holding each other afterwards and just kissing each other. "I love you," Logan mumbled to Mike who smiles.

"I love you more." Mike leaned in, their noses touching gently. Logan smiled and tilted his head to the side, pressing their lips together. Mike kissed back deeply, his hands going to Logan's lower back. He started to run his hands up and down. "Wanna go again?" He whispered with a grin and Logan chuckled. "Baby, I need a bit of a rest," he said and Mike shrugged. "I can just..." He nodded and Logan sighed, rolling onto his back.

That night was pure bliss, something that both boys would remember for the rest of their lives, for the rest of the time they will be together and even longer than that because of how special it was.

authors note i'm ending this book at 80 chapters instead because for the life of me i can't think of ANYTHING else to write