where the mistake began

time skipppp againnn
—————
"Happy birthday to you!" everyone finished the celebration song and we blew out our 17 candles. 4 years later and i was surrounded by billie, maggie, mom, patrick, cc, twyla, finneas, grandma, and grandpa. these were my people. i brushed my long hair aside and we thanked everyone. our birthday party had lasted all day and it was nearly dusk. i had gotten cc a new pair of soccer cleats and a few shirts. i got twyla a hydro flask that she had been dying to have, a book full of reasons why i love her, and i revealed my middle finger to her for no reason. i threw away the rest of the wrapping paper to my presents. mom had gotten me a new iphone 10, which was much better than the iphone 7. cc got me a couple of new books that he bought with his own money that he earned from working at the coffee shop down the street. twyla got me new headphones, a couple of velvet scrunchies, and a white pair of vans.

they were such thoughtful gifts. i didn't ask for any of it. my biggest wish was for grandma and grandpa to come down and they did. they got me a new car! i had screamed and cried so loud when i saw it. it was a white jeep explorer with a creamy interior. i loved it. billie got me a journal and a handwritten note that said "you are my everything, and this means you get to come to every one of my shows for free". i cried also when i received that. finneas gave me a card and a record player that was also from maggie and patrick. i loved each thing i got. grandma and grandpa had to go when the clock struck 8. i hugged them tight and thanked them once more. "this was the best birthday ever," i told twyla. "i had fun. plus, your cake was really good!"

it was especially good because me and twyla's modeling shots were just put into a magazine.

i was on the left, smiling brightly

i was on the left, smiling brightly. i thought i looked kinda pretty.

i wore the blue