surprise surprise

i woke up early the next morning. i made myself some scrambled eggs and bacon, really the only thing i knew how to make. i was going to go to the doctor today, which was a little exciting. i'm afraid they are going to judge me, though. i looked at the time on the oven and it read 7:53 am. i finished eating and jumped in the shower. as i massaged my scalp with conditioner, it took me back to the days mom would help us take a bath. i had to cough to make myself stop thinking about it. i dried off and blow dried my long brown hair. i decided after the doctor i would go get some highlights to make myself a little... happier. to make myself feel nicer.

i braided my hair and put on jean shorts and a big t. as i was tying my shoes, i heard a knock at the door. i hopped up from my bed and ran over. i opened the door and saw a tall, tan man with a black beard and curly black hair. his eyes were a vivid hazel and his muscles bulged out of his tight black t. i swallowed and recognized his face instantly. "dad?" he looked down at me sadly. "willow celeste. look at you! you're gorgeous." he welcomed me with a bear hug. i cried all my mascara into his shirt. "oh my god, what are you doing here?" i pulled away, inviting him in. "i just decided i needed to find you guys. why are you leaving alone, though? you're too young, this isn't acceptable." i exhaled, "it's a long story. i- i haven't seen you in years. how are you?"

i didn't care that he slapped me when i was younger or that he abused alcohol. i had forgotten what i said all those years ago, that i'd never let him back into my life after what he'd done to us. maybe this was a sign? maybe this would be good.