𝑰. 𝘿𝙄𝙊𝙏𝙄𝘾 ⁀➷ ᴀʀᴀᴛᴀᴋᴀ ʀᴇɪɢᴇɴ ❜ ꒱

You sighed in disbelief in front of the man as he took a huge bite of his burger. '2 years and he hasn't even changed , not even a single bit...' You mentally facepalmed.

It's been 2 years, you and Reigen spotted each other on a nearby shop. Both agreed to hang out, missing each other's company. Currently, both are in a restaurant, eating as much burgers as he wants.

You slumped in your seat and shook your head. This was the exact same man that you remembered 2 years ago - a conman - and it was rather surprising how he still hasn't changed.

"So," Reigen took a bite, "how was your life lately? Bet ya changed a lot..." he asked and addressed your drastic change of status. His tone was rather soft and mellow.

"Oh yeah. I just worked hard and boom, here I am now." You pushed a strand of (H/C) hair out of your face and swigged (F/D), the liquid burning down on your throat.

You noticed in the corner of your (E/C) eyes that there's a boy, around 14 years old, waiting patiently for the man beside him. "Hey kid," the boy stiffened when you addressed his existence, "Y-yes..?" he stammered.

You slid your burger to the boy, "Want some?" The boy shook his head and slid it back to you, "Thank you for your kindness (L/N)-san but I'm good." He spoke with a soft and shy tone.

Reigen's eyes sparkled, "C-can I have it instead?" he asked, his eyes practically pleaded for you to lend it to him. "Yeah, sure." You lend it to him then he devoured the burger. Occasionally, you'd wipe some crumbs on his face and say stuff like "are you a kid or an adult?" or "wipe those on your face, what am I your mother?" and you'd recieve idiotically childish grins or light chuckles from the man.

--------

The sun was about to set down on the horizon, the sky mixed with orange and red colors. The boy - who you now know as Mob since he prefers it that way - stood up and announced, "It's getting dark. I have to go home now. My family might get worried for being late again," he mumbled the last statement to himself, "Bye Master, bye (L/N)-san." He nodded farewell.

"Oi Mob, before you go, here's your salary for this month." Reigen handed the young boy a small amount of money and Mob seemed content with his earnings, your face however showed confusion.

"No way! Mob, how are you satisfied with this? You know what?" You fished something out of your wallet, "Here, take my money," you handed him your money, which is much more than Reigen's - heck, there's a dollar as well.

Mob's eyes widened, "Uhhh thank you (L/N)-san but isn't this too much?" He asked, worry laced in his voice. "Nah, don't worry. Besides, I'm as rich as Tony Stark!!" You said and grinned, hoping they get the reference.

"Who?" Both male chorused.

Your mood immediately dropped to zero, "Nevermind..."

The boy accepted your offer because you won't stop pestering him anyway. "By the way, be careful when going home! I heard there's criminals going around at dark." Reigen reminded him as he exited the restaurant.

For some reason, you cracked a smile at Reigen, he seems like a good role model - even though his business is questionable. While he was eating his burger for the 50th time, he noticed your beaming face and interrogated, "What? Is there something on my face?"

You could only chuckle at his question which made him more confused. You grabbed a napkin and wiped the crumbs on his face with a cheeky grin. "You know, you could be a good dad..." you mutttered but audible enough for him to hear.

After that sentence slipped out of your mouth, Reigen choked on his burger, surprised at your statement. "(Y-Y/N), I-I'm too young for that!"

"You're 28."

"I'm not ready!"

At this state, Reigen starts to sweat heavily, heat spread across his cheeks from embarrassment.

"Nah, I'm just messing with ya." You told him and stuck out your tongue in a childish way. He sighed in relief and regained his egotistical manner, "Of course I knew you were messing with me, I'm a great psychic. Am I right or am I right?"

"Yeah, sure you are." You can't help but smile at his crazy antics. There's this giddy feeling in your stomach when your talking with him, must be nostalgia?

Reigen is a conman

And he's a good man.

You grinned rather idiotically as the thought passed by.

"God, why did I fell for this idiot?"