𝑯.𝙀𝘼𝙏-𝙃𝘼𝙕𝙀 𝘿𝘼𝙔𝙎 ⁀➷ ʀɪᴛsᴜ ᴋᴀɢᴇʏᴀᴍᴀ ❜ ꒱

NOTE !
heat-haze days / kagerou daze ; jin ft. miku hatsune

August 15, XXXX

August 15, XXXX

Gazing at the clear blue sky as he sat on one of the swings with his dear friend was enough for Ritsu. Nothing could possibly go wrong in this beautiful day, right?

Right...

"You know," (Y/N) started with a solemn voice, "I never really like summer..." She said as she patted a cat on her lap. Ritsu grew curious but he didn't bother to ask why she particularly dislike the scorching season.

Without notice, the cat hopped off and fled away from her. (Y/N) stood up and chased the cat, "Hey Ritsu, help me out!" Ritsu could only chuckle at her childish antics to chase the cat.

As the cat went to the road, (Y/N) kept chasing to retrieve it. The second she stepped on the road, the traffic light changed to red. Ritsu stood up from the swing, alarmed she may get hit by any passing vehicles.

Unfortunately for the both of them, a truck came and struck her. An ear-piercing scream erupted, her body washed with the crimson substance, and glasses from the truck pierced through her now cold flesh. The raventte cupped his mouth, tears forming as he can smell the terrible metallic scent.

(Y/N) is dead...

(Y/N) is dead...

(Y/N)... is... dead....

His mind repeated those phrases and he blamed himself for his friend's death. He couldn't bare to see her body mixed with the crimson substance and its unpleasant odor.

Ritsu's vision became blurry until his eyes shut closed and everything became dark.

August 14, XXXX

Ritsu woke up in a cold sweat and gasped for air as if he were released from being choked. Checking his phone, he realized it's August 14, at 12:02 in the afternoon, around the time (Y/N) got hit by a passing truck. He saw a message from (Y/N), telling him to go to the park they were at "yesterday." He reached for his head, massaging his temples, 'Was it just a dream?' he wondered as he gazed at the sky outside his window.

--------

"I had this strange dream.... about you and me in this exact park," Ritsu spoke as (Y/N) leaned a bit close to him all the while patting the cat she have in her arms.

As the cat hopped off on (Y/N) 's lap, Ritsu quickly held (Y/N)'s wrist as he recognized the same truck that hit her that was about to pass. "W-we should.... we should go," the boy stated as (Y/N) nodded in agreement.

As they continue to walk, the people started to scream and some pointed upwards and it turns out that there are falling construction poles from above a tall building. The poles miraculously did not hit the ravenette but rather the (H/C)-ette instead.

The poles pierced right through the (H/C) haired girl's chest, some on her legs. Her excruciating screams could kill the boy's ears. His vision started to get blurry once more but before he could drift to darkness, he caught a glimpse of her smiling face even while in pain.

--------

'How long has it been?' that's the same phrase Ritsu repeated in his mind over and over.

It's been exactly 10 years, the same events kept repeating over and over again; there is no stopping, its as if time wanted to rewind just to mock the ravenette's pitiful self trying to save someone from their inevitable death.

Breathing in and out, he recalled those halcyon days with an (H/L) (H/C) female.

He will end this cycle.

Suddenly, he rushed out and pulled (Y/N) away which resulted to him being hit by the truck instead. He could see (Y/N) cupping her mouth, her face expressing utter shock as her eyes started to tear up. His body mixed with the horrible crimson color and its unpleasant odor could choke her.

This is what I'd call a normal summer day.

Ritsu sent the still shocked girl one last smile before it was quickly replaced with bewilderment as he saw a ghostly version of (Y/N) staring at him in apathy.

But all of it ended too quickly.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

On August 14, an (H/C) haired girl woke up from her bed. For an unknown reason, she started to shed tears and muttered to herself, "I failed this time too." More tears came dripping from her pools, cascading down on her face while she cradled a single cat.

"I'm sorry I couldn't save you this time, Ritsu..."