Chapter 2

"Hey boo!" Mercedes said engulfing Kurt in a hug. Kurt put his food tray down and hugged back, laughing slightly.

"Hey 'cedes." Kurt said. Mercedes and Kurt were best friends, they were like two peas in a pod. They both sat down with the rest of the glee club members. They were all chatting and laughing while eating their lunch.

Blaine had no idea what to do, who to talk to, or who to sit with. He had 4 options.

1. Sit with any of the girls that were eyeing him up and down, and by the looks of it, he had a lot of choices.
2. Sit with the football team. That one did make the most sense since he was on the football team and it would help him become more popular, popularity is basically currency at this school.
3. Sit by himself, that one was a no, did he want to look like a lonely kid?
4. Go over to Kurt and ask if he can sit with him. He liked that option. Kurt was a really nice and friendly person, so surely he wouldn't mind Blaine sitting with him.

He looked around to see Kurt sitting at a table with about 12 other people. Who where they?

Would it be weird for him to walk up to Kurt and ask to sit with him? Maybe. Was he going to do it? Hell yes.

"Um. H-hey Kurt." Blaine said stuttering, god why was he so nervous, it was just Kurt. Kurt looked up to find the source of the voice. He saw Blaine standing there holding his tray and looking slightly awkward. The rest of the glee club stopped talking and looked at Blaine. Some flinched at the sight of a football player, which only made Blaine more nervous and jittery.

"I was, I was just wondering if I could sit with you? You know, since I don't know anyone else." Blaine quietly said, but loud enough for Kurt to hear. Kurt immediately smiled at Blaine. He moved over and patted the empty space next to him.

Blaine grinned and sat down next to Kurt, suddenly realising that he was sitting with a bunch of strangers, and that he also knew pretty much nothing about Kurt. God, why did he talk himself into doing his.

"Guys, this is Blaine, he's new here. Blaine, this is the glee club." Kurt said, gesturing to everyone else's the table. Everyone at the table just looked at him, some looking slightly scared.

"Don't worry guys, he's nice." Kurt said to the group. Everyone slightly relaxed, and continued their conversations. Blaine was so confused, why was everyone scared? Kurt looked at Blaine and saw the confusion on his face about what just happened.

"It's your jacket, remember what I said about football players?" Kurt whispered to Blaine. Blaine looked at his letterman jacket. Wow, how much power did this thing have? Blaine looked at the group and saw that 4 of the guys there were apart of the football team and was wearing letterman jackets.

"But, 4 of the guys here are wearing letterman jackets?" Blaine said to Kurt. Kurt turned to look at Finn, Mike, Puck and Sam. All of them were indeed wearing their letterman jacket.

"Yeah they're apart of the football team, and they're really nice. Not all of the jocks are bad, just the ones that are bad are REALLY bad. And most of the good guys are here, we don't really trust anyone outside of this circle." Kurt replied. Blaine listened as Kurt talked. How bad where these guys? Blaine looked at Kurt and smiled.

"Well it's good I'm not one of the bad ones." Kurt laughed at Blaine's comment and turned back to eat his lunch and join in with the other conversations.

Blaine really liked talking to Kurt. His voice was music to Blaine's ears. His laugh could light up a whole room. Blaine hardly knew anything about Kurt, but he could already tell that they would be good friends.

Lunch ended and Blaine took Kurt aside to talk to him before they had to go to their next class.

"So, Kurt. I just wanted to ask you something really quick." Blaine said, while rubbing the back of his neck. He was never nervous around anyone, not even girls that he was hitting on, but for some reason he got butterflies whenever he was with Kurt. Kurt nodded signalling for Blaine to continue.