Coffee Shop Love

"Oh just go talk to him, Annie!" Piper giggled.
Annabeth's face grew hot, "I can't!"
Piper looked at her friend with exasperation, "And why is that? You come in here every day and just stare at him. What's the big harm in starting a conversation?"
Annabeth sighed. Piper was right, there was no reason that she shouldn't just go over to him and start talking.
"Maybe tomorrow" Annabeth said as she dreamily glanced at him.
"That's what you say every day" Piper grumbled.
P
Annabeth sat down at the table, peering over the top of her coffee at him.
"Annie, you're staring again" chided Piper.
Annabeth stuck her tongue out at her friend. Piper swivelled so that both girls were facing the handsome worker.
"I gotta admit, he is pretty cute" gushed Piper.
Annabeth smiled, resting her chin in her hands. She looked at his messy black hair, and his sparkling green eyes. The way his smile seemed to light up the room, his tan, muscular arms. He would often blush slightly, and usually at the most random things, Annabeth thought it was absolutely adorable.
She sighed happily, "Yup, he sure is."

~~~

"Hello!" Annabeth said brightly.
Percy smiled brightly back at her. His name tag shone on his dark blue uniform.
"One tall, non-fat latte with caramel drizzle coming right up" Percy said, giving her a smirk.
Annabeth raised her eyebrows, "How did you know?"
Percy laughed and Annabeth had to control her pumping heart.
"Cmon, seriously? A girl as beautiful as you comes in here every day for the past couple weeks, and you think I wouldn't take notice? It was the least I could do to memorize your order" he leaned on against the counter, flashing her a grin.
Annabeth blushed at his words, "Well I appreciate the effort."
Percy laughed again, "Anything for you, princess."
Annabeth raised her eyebrows further, "Princess?"
Percy rolled his eyes, "It's called flirting."
"Oh so now we're flirting" Annabeth asked, crossing her arms.
Percy straightened up and mocked her stance, "We sure are, princess. You think I don't hear you and your friend talking every day. I know you're just working up the courage to talk to me. I know you both think I'm insanely good looking."
Annabeth snorted and rolled her eyes, although her blush intensified.
Percy grinned and continued, "Your friend over there isn't exactly the quiet type. You could probably hear her in Canada. I may not be the brightest person out there but I do have ears."
"Fine" Annabeth murmured, her face growing hot, "Maybe I think your slightly good-looking."
Percy smirked, and Annabeth looked down, awfully embarrassed.
A few seconds later Percy handed over her coffee.
"Enjoy" Percy said, giving her a final devilish grin.
Annabeth nodded sarcastically and left to sit with Piper.
"Well, how did that go?" Piper gave Annabeth a devious look.
Annabeth laughed, "Well, he's nice and sweet and funny and when he gives me that smirk, oh gods, my heart feels like exploding."
Annabeth closed her eyes and breathed happily.
Suddenly Piper gasped.
"Annie!" she squealed, "Is that his number on the back of your cup?"
Hurriedly, Annabeth twisted the cup in her hands. Sure enough, a phone number was splayed in crooked handwriting. Underneath that, Percy had written his name. Annabeth glanced back up to the counter, where Percy stood, grinning like an idiot.
He put telephone sign to his ear and flashed her a wink, mouthing a few words as he did.
"Call me, Princess."