Locker Buddies

"So I guess you're my locker buddy now" Percy Jackson grumbled.
Annabeth Chase crossed her arms, "I guess I am."
"Just stay away from me and everything should be fine" Percy muttered, "I'll pretended like you don't even exist."
Annabeth snorted, "I've been doing that since 6th Grade, shouldn't be that hard."
"Ouch" Percy murmured.
"I'll see you around then, Jackson" Annabeth headed down the hall.
"See you around, Chase."
...

Percy yawned, stumbling down the hallway, his headphones jammed against his ears, music blasting through his skull. Why did school have to start so early? The first week of school was always the hardest though, hopefully it would get better soon. He sauntered over to his locker, popping it open with the sound of rusting metal. He winced as it screeched.
"Hey, Jackson" came an exhausted voice.
Percy turned to see Annabeth walking up to the locker next to his, she yanked off her lock and gave him an exasperated look.
He sighed, "How's it going, Chase?"
"Well the morning wasn't too bad. But now I'm here, and my mood has plummeted" she grumbled.
"I take great pride in knowing that I'm the reason your mood has plummeted" Percy retorted.
Annabeth pressed her forehead against her locker and closed her eyes, "Stop talking. You're giving me a headache."
"I've had a migraine since you walked up" Percy muttered.
Annabeth's face contorted into a ghost of a smile.
"Oh? Did I make you smile? I can't be that charming, can I?" Percy said, as he shoved books into his bag.
Annabeth opened one eye and glared at him, "You're just about the least charming person I've ever met. And, I was smiling because the bell is about to ring. Then I'll be free of you."
Percy tugged his schedule from his bag and scanned it quickly, "First period. Math. Mr. Bruner."
Annabeth groaned.
"Looks like you're stuck with me, Chase" Percy shouldered his bag.
"Looks like I am" Annabeth growled, tossing her own bag over her back.
"Don't sound so pleased" Percy yawned.
Another small smile appeared on Annabeths lips, but she quickly smothered it.
"You're a pain in the ass, you know that, don't you, Jackson?"
Percy slammed his locker shut, "Trust me, Chase, I know."

...

Percy was wrong. It didn't get easier to wake up, even though school had been on for over a month. He sat up in bed, rubbing his eyes and stretching. Percy grabbed his phone from his desk and flipped through his messages. The name Annabeth Chase blared brightly on the screen. He smirked to himself.

...

"What's this, Chase?" Percy laughed, jogging up to his locker, his phone displayed clearly.
Annabeth squinted, reading the messages, "I asked you for the homework pages. Is that a crime?"
"Asking for homework?" Percy said, "Asking for homework is the universal sentence for wanting to hook up with someone."
Annabeth blushed.
Percy turned his voice into the most seductive one he could manage, "So, Chase, does that mean you want to make out with me?"
Annabeth bit her lip to keep from laughing, her face was flushed and her eyes glinted with humour.
"Shut up, Jackson" Annabeth rolled her eyes.
Percy grinned, "The offer still stands."
Annabeth shook her head and gave a hearty laugh, "Whatever, Jackson."
She walked away down the hall, her golden curls bouncing happily.
"Hey, Chase!" Percy called out.
Annabeth spun around.
"The homework pages are 147-149!"
Annabeth stuck her tongue out at him. Percy winked.

...

"Let me help you with that" Percy bent down.
Annabeth joined him, collecting her fallen papers.
"Thanks, Perce" she said with a smile.
"No problem."
Percy glanced up at her, their eyes met, he smiled, she smiled back. He reached down to grab the last paper and their hands touched. An electric shock was sent burning through his finger tips. He hesitated and then grabbed her hand in his. He stood, forcing her to stand with him, and intertwined their hands. Annabeth blushed.
"Well this is a significant difference from always being at each other's throats" she said, tucking her hair behind her head.
They're faces were inches apart.
"You still want to make out with me?" Percy asked, giving a breathless laugh.
Annabeth glared at him, "I never wanted to, idiot."
"Oh, come on, don't lie to me, Beth" Percy grinned.
"I hate you" Annabeth huffed.
Percy smirked and held their intertwined fingers up, "Then let go."
Annabeth frowned, "That's not happening."
"I didn't think so."

...

Percy crept up behind her, wrapping his arms around her neck.
"Hey, Princess."
Annabeth turned and instantly locked her lips against his. When the pair broke apart, both were smiling like idiots.
"You don't even say hello, and you're all over me" Percy murmured.
Annabeth laughed, "I just couldn't resist."
"You've got math right now don't you?" Percy asked.
Annabeth nodded.
"Me too, I'll walk with you" Percy grinned and wrapped his arm around her shoulder, planting a kiss on her forehead. They were so much more than just "locker buddies" now.

Haha. This one shot kinda sucks. I just needed to post something and whipped this up real quick. The ending is trash. Actually the whole thing is... but here you go!

-Annie