"I'm going to miss you."

Percy watched Annabeth walk away. Her suitcase bounced against the floor and the sound rang out through the airport terminal. He crossed his arms and sighed, leaning against a wall. Annabeth's golden curls sprung out behind her, flashing in the dim light. Percy smiled sadly.
"Hey, Annabeth!" He called out suddenly.
She turned towards him, giving an exasperated look.
"What is it? I'm going to be late" she tried to sound annoyed but she came off as more weary.
Percy hesitated. Soon Annabeth would be gone. Percy didn't know when he would be able to see her again. His heart pumped. They weren't dating, but they were more than just friends. Percy couldn't let her leave. He just couldn't. Not until he made sure she knew how he felt about her. Percy bit his lip. He found himself pulling away from the wall, taking a step forward, and then another step, and another. His feet pounded through the nearly empty airport. Suddenly he was sprinting towards her. In seconds he was beside her, grabbing her in his arms and breathing hard.
"Percy?" Annabeth's voice shook with nervousness. "Percy, what are you..."
Her voice trailed off as she looked into his eyes. The two sets of bright irises met and everything else seemed to melt into nothingness. All that mattered was that the two of them were there, that the two of them were together. Percy smiled. His arms were still wrapped firmly around her. It suddenly didn't matter that Annabeth was leaving, that she was moving thousands and thousands of miles away, because she was here now. Percy laughed. Annabeth fell into the embrace. Percy leaned down, his lips hovered inches above hers. Percy brought his mouth down onto Annabeth's. They met passionately. The two of them stayed lip-locked for what seemed like forever. Percy finally pulled away, breathing heavily. He laughed. Annabeth did the same.
"I hate to say this, Wise Girl, but I think I'm in love with you." Percy said breathlessly.
Annabeth put a hand over her mouth, her eyes shone brightly. She broke down into a fit of laughter, she couldn't seem to stop smiling. She looked up at Percy with a stare of utter adoration.
"I hate to say it even more, Seaweed Brain, but I think I'm in love with you too."
Annabeth slipped out of his arms and the pair stood standing awkwardly in the middle of the airport.
"Well..." Percy murmured blushing, he placed a hand on the back of his neck, "I've been wanting to do that for a long time."
Annabeth couldn't pull the grin from her face, "I'm glad you finally did."
Percy took her hand, "You're coming back for Easter, right?"
"Right."
Percy took her other hand in his own nimble fingers, "Promise?"
Annabeth giggled, leaning up on her tip toes and planting a kiss on his cheek, "Promise."
Percy smirked, "Easter just became my new favourite holiday."
Annabeth blushed.
A voice blared out over the loud speaker, "Flight Number 27 is about to take off. Flight Number 27 is about to take off."
Annabeth glanced at her watch and hurriedly pulled away.
"I'm going to be late! That's my flight!" she broke her fingers apart from Percy's and began to race away.
Percy grabbed her hand and swung her back around to him.
"Percy!" she complained.
He bent down and gave her a light kiss.
"Last one until Easter" he winked and gave a smirk.
Annabeth gazed at him lovingly, the smile that bloomed on her lips was perfectly pure.
"Last one until Easter" Annabeth confirmed, "I'll be waiting."
With that, she turned and sprinted away.
Percy waited until she was nearly out of sight before calling her name one last time.
"Annabeth!" he yelled.
She glanced behind her.
Percy smiled, "I'm going to miss you, Wise Girl."