Montauk

"Beth, would you just tell me where you're taking me?" Percy complained.

"Not yet," Annabeth giggled. "Besides, we're almost there."

Annabeth Chase smiled into the setting sun. She could practically feel her husband rolling his eyes, even though a blindfold obscured half his face.

The car bumped casually along paved road, which slowly turned to dirt beneath them.

Annabeth gently rolled open her window. The salty smell of the ocean wafted into the stuffy car. The air was warm, with a slight wind.

Percy's hand tightened on his arm rest. "I know that smell."

Annabeth muffled a laugh. "Do you?"

A slow smile spread across Percy's lips. "I know where we are. Can I take my blindfold off now?"

"Not yet!" Annabeth chided. "Just a little bit longer. Less than a minute."

Percy bounced up and down in his seat like a little kid.

Finally, the car sputtered to a stop.

Percy was out of the car in less then a second, bursting out of the passengers side with insane enthusiasm.

Annabeth was at his side a few moments later.

Percy pulled his blindfold off.

He looked to his wife with a brilliant smile, which was returned with equal happiness.

Percy stared out at the ocean, his eyes glinting in the evening light.

He whispered, "Montauk."

•••

"Beth, I can't believe you," Percy snuggled closer to his wife. "You're amazing? You know that right?"

Annabeth kissed his cheek. "I know."

The couple lay in the sand, watching the waves lap calmly against the shore.

They had already placed their belongings in the rustic, old cabin, which was practically falling apart at this point.

But Annabeth didn't mind. She knew Percy grew up here. Aside from Camp, this was practically his second home. This place made him happier than almost anywhere else.

That's why she had booked it in the first place, to see her husband smile as he had.

Three nights, same cabin. It was perfect.

Percy wrapped his arms tightly around Annabeth. "It's been so long since I've been here. A decade, at least."

Annabeth looked up at him, a smile threatening to spill over her face.

He bent down and kissed her.

"Thank you, Beth. I needed this."

•••

The sun had set completely now. The dark of the night settled over the beach.

Annabeth and Percy walked hand in hand down to the shore, the icy water lapping at their feet.

"Why did you suddenly decide to take us here?" Percy asked softly, wrapping one arm around Annabeth's shoulder.

Annabeth hesitated for a second. "You needed some rest. New Rome is great, it's fantastic. But you're stressed out, I can see it in your eyes. You needed a break, we needed a break. Besides, I love our friends, but sometimes they can be quite the handful."

"Especially Leo," Percy murmured sarcastically.

"Especially Leo," Annabeth giggled.

There was a moment of hesitation.

Percy finally said, "Is there something you aren't telling me, Beth? I feel like you're holding back."

Annabeth was glad it was dark enough to hide her expression.

She didn't want Percy seeing her wide smile just yet.

"I remember that you told me this is the same place your Mom met Poseidon."

Percy nodded.

"Well, since this place is so special for your family. I wanted to make it a place special for our family..." Annabeth spoke softly. "And I couldn't think of a better place to tell you than here."

Percy inhaled sharply at the words "our family."

"Beth?" he whispered. "What are you saying?"

Annabeth gave a light laugh and turned to face her husband. "Percy, honey, I think you know what I'm saying."

"Are you...?" Percy's voice suddenly filled with emotion. His hand slowly dropped to Annabeth's stomach. He pulled her close.

"Twins."

Percy whimpered, as though he couldn't believe what was happening.

"Percy... I'm pregnant."

Writing about future Percabeth always makes me happy. Also, this one shot is dedicated to all of you, for helping me reach TEN THOUSAND reads. Insane, absolutely insane. Also... me UPDATING TWICE IN TWO DAYS? ITS LIKE IM A NEW PERSON. anyways i love all of you, have a sexy day, i hope you like this story, don't forget to comment and vote :)

-Addie