A Lifetime of Happiness

"Hey, Annabeth?" I asked, my voice tentative.

You know when you love someone so much that it doesn't matter what pain you go through, or what happens between you, you'll always be able to lean on them? You know when you love someone so much that you trust them with anything, when you trust them unconditionally? That's how I feel about Annabeth.

"Yeah, Percy?" Annabeth smiled.

You know when you love someone so much that they become a part of you? That when everything they do impacts you, and everything they say makes you smile. That's how I feel about Annabeth.

"I've got something to tell you" I said nervously, my heart pounding fast.

You know when you're happier than you've ever been before and you know it's because you have that someone in your life? You know when you wake up every morning with a smile on your face, and you think to yourself about
how goddamn lucky you are? That's how I feel about Annabeth.

Annabeth just laughed, her eyes shining, "What is it, Perce?"

You know when you're love for someone is so strong and passionate that it's constantly burning inside you? You know when you have such intense feelings for someone that you can't do anything without them always being on you're mind? That's how I feel about Annabeth.

I smiled at her, and when she smiled back, all of my nerves dissipated into the strongest feeling of contentment I had ever felt. I bit my lip, watching her expression dance with excitement. "I can only hope you'll say yes."

You know when you love someone so much that they're hand becomes home? You know when you love someone so much that they're heart becomes the thing that is furiously beating to keep you alive? That's how I feel about Annabeth.

Annabeths hands went to her mouth, she whispered "Percy..."

You know that feeling that buzzes inside you, that feeling of butterflies, of nervous excitement at the thought of spending eternity with someone? You know that feeling of pure joy, that pure joy that you feel every single time you see them? That's how I feel about Annabeth.

I bent down, landing on one knee. My hands reached towards my pocket, pulling out the small black case.
"I love you, Annabeth Chase."

You know that feeling that you just can't shake, the one that burns inside you, pulling out your happiest memories and sharing them with the world? You know that thought that crosses you mind, when you think to yourself; 'She's the reason for it all. She's the reason that I have these happy memories.'? That's how I feel about Annabeth.

"I-I love you too, Percy" Annabeth murmured, tears glistening in her eyes.

You know when you love someone so much that you don't have a single regret? You know when you love someone so much and it just feels so perfect? That's how I feel about Annabeth.

"So will you marry me?"

That's how I feel about Annabeth Chase. I love her.

And I know I made the right choice when I look into her eyes, and they glisten with tears... but tears of hope, of happiness, of elation.

I know I made the right choice when she smiles at me and I feel my heart shatter into a thousand pieces, but with just a look of happiness it's completely mended again.

Annabeth is that someone, she is that feeling, she is the thoughts and the memories. And that's why I love her. That's how I feel about Annabeth.

And I don't hesitate to wrap my arms around her and pull her into the tightest embrace I can manage.

I don't hesitate to lock my lips against hers and tangle my hands through her hair, kiss her until she drops.

I don't hesitate to do any of this. Because immediately after she says the word "yes" I'm the happiest man alive. And I'm ready to share that happiness for a lifetime, with the person that means more to me than anything in the world.

A lifetime of happiness with Annabeth Chase...

A lifetime... happiness... Annabeth...

i was in a pretty sappy mood and decided to whip this up. it's short and not the best but at least it's SOMETHING. sorry for never posting. love you all!!

- Annie ;)