Home

Percy's arm tightened around Annabeths waist.

"Are you ready, Wise Girl?" Percy asked softly, resting his head against hers.

"I'm ready," Annabeth whispered back.

The pair trudged up the steep hill, the soft summery grass tangling with their feet. Annabeth breathed in the fresh, crisp air. It was as refreshing as it had been the first time she stepped into camp, when she was just 7 years old, almost 20 years ago.

Percy's feet sunk into the rich and earthy ground, it was such a familiar feeling that it brought a small smile to the demigods face.

Arm in arm, Percy and Annabeth made their way to the crest of Half-Blood Hill.

The sun was setting over Long Island Sound. The ocean glittered with early evening light. Cabins made their way hastily into the mess hall, their laughs could practically be heard from here.

Canoes bobbed in the lake, the shimmering images of naiads drifted in and out of view.

Swords were strewn across the grass, strapped to people's backs, propped against tables and benches.

Percy gave a content sigh, his voice shaking as he let out the long breath.

"Looks like nothing has changed," Percy mumbled, his lips pressed against the top of Annabeth's head.

Annabeth snuggled against his side, "Exactly how we left it. Although I do recall the last time we were here there was quite a few more explosions."

Percy chuckled softly, placing a kiss onto his soon-to-be wife's cheek, "What's a good ol' summer camp without a few explosions."

Annabeth gave a small sigh, like her heart was melting. She turned to face her fiancé. "Happy birthday, Seaweed Brain."

Annabeth leaned forward and planted her lips onto Percy's. The pair gave a slow and passionate kiss, Percy's hands crept up Annabeths back, pulling her closer and closer towards him.

Finally, a loud yell cut through the embrace.

Annabeth and Percy broke apart quickly, staring into the valley below.

The pair could faintly make out the shapes of Travis and Connor Stoll, standing up in the silent dining hall.

"Would you two stop making out for one second and come say hello!" Travis shouted into the sky.

Percy slung his arm around Annabeth once again. "Wow. It looks like nothing has changed after all."

"Not one little thing," Annabeth said with a smile.

Percy spread his arms out towards the camp, "Welcome home, Wise Girl."

{ {

Percy and Annabeth were halfway down the hill when a scream came from the Aphrodite table.

Suddenly Piper McLean was standing on a picnic table, a hand over her mouth.

"Oh my gods!" she shouted, "What's on your hand, Beth?"

"Oh shit," Annabeth whispered to Percy, "Here comes the squeals."

Annabeth tentatively raised her hand high above her head.

The dining hall had gone silent once again.

The setting sun caught light of the giant sapphire embedded in a silver band that shone on her ring finger.

"Annabeth fucking Chase," Piper shouted in disbelief, "Is that a... ring?"

Annabeth and Percy stood about 20 feet away from the pavilion now, light smiles caressing both of their faces.